Author Topic: Apply button  (Read 4685 times)

buah

Apply button
« on: October 03, 2010, 09:36:55 pm »
I'm working on a Serbian version of an IMDb Conservative skin. A lot of fine tunings, though. So, every time I want to see the result, I have to change the skin, then to reassign skin I'm working on, either I have to re-open PVD. A lot of wasted time, specially when database is big as mine (1,8GB).

So the suggestion is, is it possible to add "Apply" button to a "Preferences" window, so I could preview changes immediately?

Thanks in advance.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Apply button
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 10:03:52 pm »
There's already a Refresh skin button. Whether it works or not is another matter. In my experience, sometimes a restart is the only effective way to get a modified skin to display properly. You might want to do your fine tunings with a small test database loaded.

You're welcome in advance. ;D

buah

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 10:28:40 pm »
Refresh skin button works for some fields, for others doesn't.

Apply button would be good to immediately preview any changes (not only skin changes) without leaving Preferences window.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 03:59:45 am »
Refresh skin button works for some fields, for others doesn't.

If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Like I said, you may need to restart anyway. An "Apply" button isn't going to change that. Perhaps what's needed is a "Restart" button.

Apply button would be good to immediately preview any changes...

What things other than refreshing the skin are there that might need to be previewed? Like any such dialog, changes are applied when the window is closed. Many changes can't be observed or used until the window is closed. If necessary, it can be opened again instantly using a button or hotkey.

buah

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 06:33:21 am »
An "Apply" button isn't going to change that.[/url]

Why is that?