Author Topic: XML export and episodes to roksbox  (Read 8868 times)

Offline scotthawks

• View Profile
XML export and episodes to roksbox
« on: October 16, 2010, 07:16:17 pm »
Question:  When exporting an xml to roksbox, titles that have seasons and episodes only export the top level, and not the season and episodes.  is there a way to have it export the seasons and episodes to the xml file for roksbox to read?

Thanks in advance for the help.

BTW, PVD rocks!!  Thanks for the great FREE product!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 01:03:45 am by rick.ca »

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: XML export and episodes to roksbox
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 07:53:59 pm »
I do not know what is the sructure of the "roksbox" xml documents, but you can export episodes (title, original title, season number, episode number, year and description, rating, imdb rating and url)

See http://www.videodb.info/help/hlp_export.html for more info.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline scotthawks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 02:12:18 am »
Thanks for the link.  I'm somewhat new to PVD.  I can't seem to get this to work.  I've added this to my xml file:  {%value=episodes template="pages\episode.ptm" grouptemplate="pages\season.ptm"}.  However, it is only showing Season 1 and nothing else.  I added also this: <epnum>{%value=epnum}</epnum>, but nothing.  I know I'm doing this wrong.  Do you have any examples or can you give me an example of how to get this info into the xml file?

Thanks so much for your help.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 02:34:31 am »
Do you have any examples or can you give me an example of how to get this info into the xml file?

Take a look at samples.ptm
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline K9Sports

• View Profile
XML export and episodes to roksbox
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 11:13:27 pm »
Revisted:  
I know that in order for Roksbox to have episodes displayed, you must use an entry like this in genre section of the XML file:  [Television/Star Trek/Season 1]

I have manually added this to the genre section of PVD.  The problem that I see is PVD will not export episodes, just the top title (Star Trek).

Is this the case? Or am I missing something?  Is there not a way to export individual episodesto XML files in PVD?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 01:04:58 am by rick.ca »

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 01:42:01 am »
Welcome, K9Sports.

PVD's Plain Text Export plugin will export just about anything, but it requires a template to define each export. Some sample templates are provided, and I suppose the XML (Movies) template provides a reasonable starting point for exporting movies in the format required by Roksbox. If you need something more specialized—like exporting episodes—you would need to create a template designed for that purpose. It would get the series information in the usual manner (a series record is exactly the same as movie record), but use a subtemplate to get the episode information. Assuming the Roksbox can only display one set of information, your template would combine the necessary series and episode information for each episode.

Such a template would only be of interest to Roksbox users. Have you tried asking in the Roksbox forum?

Offline K9Sports

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 02:12:28 am »
I tried making a custom export but for the life of me, I can't get it to export each episode.  Is there a special command to go to the episode level?

I posted on Roksbox but nothing yet.

Thanks!
Andrew

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 02:44:14 am »
I don't know. Does Accessing Episode Values help?

Offline K9Sports

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 03:36:21 am »
Not that I can see.  I can output Episode information but only within the <movie> tag.  I can't put them out on their own tag.  That's the dilemma I'm in.

anything