Author Topic: SD/HD movies and personal database handaling  (Read 5881 times)

Offline jondak

• User
    • View Profile
SD/HD movies and personal database handaling
« on: October 18, 2010, 09:12:22 am »
My 1st topic and at the same time question is how people are keeping their SD and HD movies, on the same database or separate databases, and a suggestion for future updates, would be nice in the appearance tab in preferences you can set different list background color depending on the resolution of the movie (example yellow SD, orange HD 720p, red 1080p) or depending on a new category( or other name) on every movie you set manually when you add a movie ( example drop down list: SD, HD 720p, HD 1080p). Thank you for the wonderful software and keep up the good job.   

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: SD/HD movies and personal database handaling
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 11:34:02 am »
Welcome, jondak.

I can't think of any good reason to maintain separate databases. A single database can be used to keep track of different kinds of videos, including those of different quality. You can filter (using Search) or group by the Quality field. I don't think there could be different list background colours for quality while still doing the same for seen, not seen, wished, loaned, etc. (each of which can be selected or not selected).

anything