Author Topic: Last List-Entry not reachable  (Read 5953 times)

Offline bl1zz

• View Profile
Last List-Entry not reachable
« on: October 29, 2010, 08:03:40 pm »
Hi again,

I've noticed another problem. If I sort my movie-list in alphabetical order, I cannot "reach" the dead-last entry.
I'll try to explain the behavior with the help of screenshots:
1. I've scrolled as far as I can, down (Back to the Future III appears to be the last entry):

2. I try to scroll further down, because there is definetely one more entry in the list (Good, Bad and the Ugly):

Something odd happens. Instead of showing the last entry, the whole box is getting wacky, the entry before the last (Back to the Future III) is displayed two times.
If I let go of the scroll-wheel, it shows me the situation as illustrated in 1. once again.

3. And to proof the misbehavior, I navigate to the last entry by using the down-key (Good, Bad and the Ugly):

#####

This whole thing started a few days ago. Some update might have damaged something or something like that, because the problem definitely wasn't there one or two weeks ago.

Cheers,
bl1zz
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 08:05:42 pm by bl1zz »

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Last List-Entry not reachable
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 08:17:10 pm »
I don't see anything like this, but it reminds me of odd display issues experienced using XP and an old computer. I suspect those issues were memory related. What are you running on?

Offline bl1zz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 08:27:19 pm »
I have two systems. Both are Windows 7. One of them x64, the other x86. It happens on both of them.
But you might be right. Microsoft might be the root of the problem, because there were a few .NET-Updates and likely ones lately.
The problem might be related to that.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 09:55:38 pm »
I can't reproduce the problem on my Windows 7 x64 :(
Assuming it is PVD related: what have you changed recently in the program?
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline bl1zz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 04:33:53 am »
Actually I haven't changed a thing lately. I believe I've downloaded a few plugin-updates ... maybe enabled/disabled the "rating directly via view"-option, but nothing else.
The other strange thing is, that it seems as if the problem is only occuring in that specific database. I have another one, with almost the exact same settings. No problem with the list there.

It also only happens, if the list is sorted by title. Maybe a problem with the titles themselves?

EDIT:
It also only happens, if I drag the box-edge at the center further to the left edge, so that visible titles that are very long get truncated visually - which activates the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom.

If the bottom scroll bar is non existent, the problem does not occur at all.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 04:51:09 am by bl1zz »

anything