Author Topic: Changing file path  (Read 5485 times)

Offline dfranks

• View Profile
Changing file path
« on: October 29, 2010, 12:09:41 am »
Hi, I setup some films with a network file path and want to change them to a local file path as my pc has changed. So for example \\media-pc\g\rambo.m2ts would become g\rambo.m2ts. I have tried scanning for changed paths but this doesn't work. There are about 400+ films like this so manual editing would take too long. I was hoping that the films were stored in a file somewhere in text format and that I could do a find & replace to remove the \\media-pc parts from the file in one go. How do I go about this?

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: Changing file path
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 09:50:45 pm »
It is a bit tricky to replace those values. What you can do is:
1. Use the Replace with function under Tools -> Preferences -> Folders
Paths will stay as they are, but such things as Play function will take the modified version of the path.

2. Prepare an Excel or CSV file with title(s) and new paths and maybe year and import this file overwriting existing values.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline dfranks

• View Profile
Re: Changing file path
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 01:08:09 pm »
It is a bit tricky to replace those values. What you can do is:
1. Use the Replace with function under Tools -> Preferences -> Folders
Paths will stay as they are, but such things as Play function will take the modified version of the path.

2. Prepare an Excel or CSV file with title(s) and new paths and maybe year and import this file overwriting existing values.

The first option does not seem to make a difference.
I have also tried exporting to csv and xml and importing but without sucess. I have tried csv, csvdb, xls, xlsx, xml. Is there a particular procedure I should be following?

anything