Author Topic: Bookmarking problem  (Read 5646 times)

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Bookmarking problem
« on: November 29, 2010, 01:28:48 am »
Since yesterday I cannot use any bookmark functions previously set in Preferences-Appearance-Colors. Nothing happens when I try to set a colored bookmark for the first movie beginning with A or B... or when I try to do the same for the names of series etc...

First, let's determine whether the problem is with setting the list colour, or with the setting of the bookmark flag...

Select Bookmarks>Clear all. Select a movie and Set bookmark. Now select Filters>Bookmarked. Is the list restricted to the one movie just bookmarked? If so, is it's list colour that which you've set for bookmarked items (the default is yellow)?

If bookmarks are being set properly, but not displaying the correct colour in the list, we might assume the problem is with your configuration file (where you colour preferences are stored). To test this, start the program using the -portable switch. (You can do so by double-clicking on the portable.bat file in the installation folder.) This will force the program to create a new default configuration file (in the installation folder), avoiding any problems that might exist in your configuration settings (located in the application data folder). If the bookmark list colour now appears, you can probably resolve the issue by copying the [Colors] section of the pvdconf.ini file in the installation folder to replace the same section in the pvdconf.ini file in the application data folder.

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Bookmarking problem
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 07:14:42 am »
(You can do so by double-clicking on the portable.bat file in the installation folder.)
or AutoIt script (Alternative to portable.bat) that you get the Download section.I personally use it, the same function as portable.bat .
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 07:46:42 am »
AutoIt script (Alternative to portable.bat)

This is not relevant to the topic, but since you mention it, I've never understood the purpose of this. If you need to launch the program the -portable switch on a regular basis, why would you not just add it to a shortcut?

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 09:57:56 am »
This is not relevant to the topic
OK,Sorry.
portable.bat
Same function as
AutoIt script
Is it really
(Alternative to portable.bat)
why would you not just add it to a shortcut?
I make a shortcut manually [it is more visible (image - Bližnjica do viddb_p <-translation-> Shortcut to viddb_p) ].

Once again I apologize if this is not relevant for this topic, but I just tried to help in this.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 04:42:00 pm by Ivek23 »
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

anything