Author Topic: Info before creating plugin or script  (Read 6506 times)

Offline johnye_pt

• View Profile
Info before creating plugin or script
« on: January 13, 2011, 02:28:36 pm »
PVD is currently able to read localized titles from IMDB by creating an account at IMDB, setting your preferred language, and then adding the login info to PVD's IMDB plugin. The problem is IMDB is either missing some localized titles or the ones available are sometimes incorrect.

I have found a webpage called cinema.ptgate.pt that has pratically all movies in original language and Portuguese, but are only available by name search. Before i try to make a script or plugin, i want to know if either one is capable of doing the following:

- Search "Original Title" in the page (for ex: http://cinema.ptgate.pt/pesquisa/?q=Alien+vs.+Predator)
- If there are no results, set "Title" to "N/A" (to manually set it later or use other search criteria)
- If there are 1 or more results, open each result and search for a IMDB link equal to the one in PVD
- If the IMDB link from PVD is found, set "Title" to localized title in that page, otherwise set "Title" to "N/A"

What are your thoughts?

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: Info before creating plugin or script
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 01:37:50 am »
Both scripts and plugins can be programmed to accomplish your tasks. Script are easier as you do not need to use a complex development environment and scripts does not need so much programming knowledge.

A script engine manual can be found here: http://www.videodb.info/help/hlp_scripting.html
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline johnye_pt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 08:33:57 am »
Both scripts and plugins can be programmed to accomplish your tasks. Script are easier as you do not need to use a complex development environment and scripts does not need so much programming knowledge.

A script engine manual can be found here: http://www.videodb.info/help/hlp_scripting.html

Thanks, i already took a quick look at allmovie.psf, i don't know much about Pascal because the teacher i had 15 years ago was so bad at teaching that she said "beegeen" (as in BeeGees) instead of "begin"... I'll see what i can do, nobody said it would be easy but at least now i know it's doable ;)

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 08:00:24 pm »
Good luck ;)
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline federer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 06:58:09 am »
Best of luck from me too..i wish you will get success in it.

anything