Author Topic: Trouble wit the "Owned" filter  (Read 6073 times)

Offline Gaco

• View Profile
Trouble wit the "Owned" filter
« on: January 21, 2011, 03:24:10 pm »
If I set an item as "Not owned" i.e. on wishlist, it does appear correctly when I apply filter "Not owned", however it also erroneously appear with all the owned films when I apply the "Owned" filter. I have tried removing the reference for the file location on my HDD (as it was before I deleted it). Is this a bug? If not what is causing this behavior?

Thanks

EDIT: I just tried the same with the "Loaned/Not Loaned" and "Bookmarked / Not Bookmarked" filters - same result unfortunately. Correctly shows up when using the including filter, incorrectly shows up with the non-tagged items when using the discluded filter.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 03:29:43 pm by Gaco »

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble wit the "Owned" filter
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 10:17:35 pm »
I can't reproduce this. Are you using a custom language file (to change the captions in the program)? Do you get the expected result when the filters are set to "All"?

Offline Gaco

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 10:25:19 pm »
I can't reproduce this. Are you using a custom language file (to change the captions in the program)? Do you get the expected result when the filters are set to "All"?
Yes it all shows up when filters are set to "All". It's just like there's no difference between "All" and the including filter (Only owned etc.).

Hmm no I don't think I use any custom stuff. I've made some custom Categories but that's it.

I've attached the .pvd file but I couldn't. Rapidshare link: http://rapidshare.com/files/443825163/Documentaries.pvd

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 11:53:03 pm »
There's nothing wrong with your database. None of your records have the "Wish" flag set, so the "Owned" filter does nothing. Otherwise, I think you're confused by the presence of series records. For example, the series record Superhuman is the only record bookmarked. When the "Bookmarked" filter is set, it's the only record in the list. When the "Not Bookmarked" filter is set, it still appears—because it's episodes are not bookmarked.

There's an explanation of how filters work here.

Offline Gaco

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 12:04:21 am »
Oh no I didn't set any in the uploaded file. The point was I'd thought you could try and set a bookmark or cross off the wishlist field in one of the items, then try to filter them out? :)

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 01:05:39 am »
I did. I works fine.