Author Topic: Seasons and Episodes not being added.  (Read 6438 times)

Offline maybe111

• View Profile
Seasons and Episodes not being added.
« on: March 01, 2011, 12:19:34 am »
Hi, i'm new to forums so please forgive if not using right... brilliant program, i have been using PVD for about a year to manage my extensive video collection and believe it to be one of the best around...

Just recently it has stopped including 'seasons' and 'episodes' when adding TV series, i ordinarily use the IMDB and AllMovie plugins up till now with no problems... so I started using the TVDB plugin which would freeze and i would have to restart PVD, i would then find that only part of the series/seasons had been added.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: Seasons and Episodes not being added.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 12:51:23 am »
I have fixed the IMDB plugin.

As for TVDB plugin, I think you just needed to wait a bit longer. The plugin tends to be a little slow...
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline wenwilli7

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 08:57:11 pm »
I am also new to the forums and I love this program.  However, I just began having this problem today.  I tried to load 2 different TV series and neither one of them added any episodes.  I tried to manually add episodes using the new episode feature and that does not add the episode either.  not sure what's happening.  I use the IMDB and allmovie plugins.

Thanks,

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 11:27:31 pm »
Welcome, wenwilli.

The allmovie website is no more, so that may be your problem. AFAIK, the IMDb plugin still works. If you're finding that's not so, please provide examples or post a log (see Command Line Parameters). There's nothing wrong with New Episode, but all it does is add a new blank record.

Offline minolotus

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 02:07:44 pm »
Hello wenwilli7,

Have you checked if the IMDB plugin is properly configured? Under tools - preferences - plugins - imdb the checkbox "episodes" should be enabled.

Furter it may help to turn off the "aka search" for the plugin. On my experience the results are much better without this option.

Last but not least you could enter the correct address manuelly. Go to the imdb page and search for the series you want to import. Then, copy the adress (e.g. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796264/) and paste it into the URL Field in PVD. Start the import from imdb. Now, PVD should find the correct series and import the episode data.