Author Topic: Scan favorite folders  (Read 6515 times)

Offline deazo

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
Scan favorite folders
« on: March 04, 2011, 09:09:02 am »

Hi all,

I know it is possible in PVD to save a path to scan everytime PVD is started, but this is not a solution in my case because my movie folders are in different hard drives of a network computer. Also scanning them takes time and ressources so I really don't want to do this everytime PVD starts.

I want however to scan them everytime I add movie files to that network computer. And the problem is that going through the "select directory or files" to select these hard drives far away in my network takes a long time. I have to select them one by one, and PVD scans them every time I tick the box next to them. The whole process of selecting them before the actual scan is about 6 minutes if I am fast.

Hence my idea: Could there be a way in pvd to have these hard drives selected by default in a menu so that I only have to press a button to scan them whenever I need to do so?

Thanks for listening.

D

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Scan favorite folders
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 11:37:23 am »
Could there be a way in pvd to have these hard drives selected by default in a menu so that I only have to press a button to scan them whenever I need to do so?

It already works that way for local drives. Are you saying the configuration will not save network drives?

Offline deazo

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 02:08:55 pm »

I want to scan only when I choose to scan, not everytime pvd opens.
 Actually I feel stupid, I did not realize that I could save the folders, but not tick the box that says "scan everytime pvd starts".

Still, the only way to scan when I want, is to tick the box, close pvd, open pvd (do the scan and everyting) then untick the box before closing pvd again.

A "scan favorites folders now" button would solve this workaround.

EDIT: By playing with it I just realize that it DOES it!
         I must have waisted so much time going through the ticking process...

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 04:48:08 am »

Now there's something for the wish list. PVD should tell us when we're doing something the hard way! ;D

Offline federer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 09:44:08 am »

Now there's something for the wish list. PVD should tell us when we're doing something the hard way! ;D

He should be but seems he was not there in this time.

anything