Author Topic: Re: 0.9.9.21 File Scanner and IMDB Results  (Read 4921 times)

Offline leogets

• User
    • View Profile
Re: 0.9.9.21 File Scanner and IMDB Results
« on: March 19, 2011, 02:09:08 pm »
I have all my plugins up to date for v0.9.9.21 yet after I do a scan, when new movies are found and processed, the IMDB results are not displayed, or not downloaded period.  For each of the new movies added, I would have to select them in the movies column and go up to the toolbar and select the icon for get [EN] Get movie information from IMDB.com (Ctrl+Alt+I).  After doing this, I can see it actually connecting to the imdb.com and getting the info.  But why is this not happening in the process new movies stage; I have not changed any of my preferences for some time yet the last couple of times the above is what is happening or rather not happening when it should.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 05:06:36 am »
It works for me. Do you still have it set in the Scan Results dialog?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline obgeoff

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 12:07:05 am »
I'm a first time installer and user (looks fantastic by the way) but I appear to have the same issue. When I add a movie, it finds the imdb url but does not update any of the fields (i.i. cast, country, MPAA, director etc.).

Am I simply doing something wrong?

I'm running XP.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 12:53:48 am »
Welcome, obgeoff.

Are you sure the problem is with the File Scanner feature? Have you run Help>Check for Updates to make sure everything is current? Have you configured the IMDb plugin at Preferences>Plugins? What happens if you select the movie and run the IMDb plugin from the Import menu?

The appearance of a URL does not mean the plugin was run and failed to update the fields. It's more likely the record already existed in the database (e.g., because it's in some person's filmography) and was simply made visible by being "added."