Author Topic: Specifying a networked video file location/replacing existing locations with it.  (Read 4694 times)

Offline Roy22

• User
    • View Profile
I don't remember if this is a new feature which became supported somewhere along the line of PVD releases, but I've just noticed that PVD appears to allow to browsing to/specification of networked locations for stored video files.  A quick test suggests it works both locally and from a remote laptop.  Addresses seem to subscribe to the format '\\(PC name)\(Shared Drive Letter)\(Path)\Filename.wmv'.

Assuming this is as it appears to be, and now means that copies of PVD on my laptop etc will successfully find & play films stored on a shared drive on my desktop by clicking PVD's play button, is there any simple way to replace all previous references to the local PC drive with a shared/networked one?

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Use Preferences>Folders>Replace folders in file paths.

Offline Roy22

• User
    • View Profile
Rick,

Sorry about taking so long to reply.  I don't know if I'm missing something, but I can specify a path in the 'Find' half of that box, but I can't enter any text in the 'Replace' half.  It just stays highlighted but won't accept text.  Am I being thick?!

Roy.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Click once to select—the selected field is highlighted. Click again to put it in edit mode. The behaviour is the same for both fields.

Offline Roy22

• User
    • View Profile
Thanks!  Why didn't it do that first time?  ???