Author Topic: Exporting posters  (Read 7310 times)

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Exporting posters
« on: February 23, 2011, 11:41:34 pm »
hi there..
is there a way i can export posters to hardisk and sorting  them by genre in folders?

Thanks in advance

This post (second half) and this one it refers to suggest one way to do this. Essentially, you would export the posters and a text file with the image name, genre and path. This would be all to one directory—because that's all a simple export can do. Then import the text file into Excel, and use that to parse a batch file that moves and renames the images to ..\[Genre]\[Filename].jpg.

Offline supreme

• View Profile
Re: Exporting posters
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 03:02:22 pm »
hmm thats quite complicated..i tought i could sort PVD movies by GENRE and then export the shown sorted list posters into hdisk..
can't it be done that way ?

Thanks
SuPrEmE

PVD Version 0.9.9.21
Windows 7 x64 4Gb RAM

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 10:08:00 pm »
Sorry, I don't see the relevance of your expectation. If there's an easier to achieve what you want, I don't know what it is.

Offline supreme

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 03:13:19 am »
i read those links u posted..i still cant make it.. maybe WHEN you find some free time you can tell me in simpler words step by step how to do it please..i will really appreciate it

Thanks in advance :)
SuPrEmE

PVD Version 0.9.9.21
Windows 7 x64 4Gb RAM

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 07:44:13 am »
The first step is to decide whether this is worthwhile doing. If you're not comfortable with this sort of thing, then it's bound to be a painful experience for both of us. Why do you need to do this? Do you have Excel and know how to use it?

Offline supreme

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 01:24:42 am »
i need to do this to sort all my movies on my usb stick in seperate folders/genre. I can manually do this by saving all pics manually into the right folder but this is a pain to do since i got more than 2500 movies. yes i have excel and yep i know how to use it bro.. why ?

(anywhere else where we can chat faster? since this takes a day to reply eachother?)

Thanks in advance

SuPrEmE

PVD Version 0.9.9.21
Windows 7 x64 4Gb RAM

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 04:35:31 am »
i need to do this to sort all my movies on my usb stick in seperate folders/genre.

That doesn't tell me why you need to do so. How are you going to use this information? Why don't you install PVD on the stick? Or export a list using HTML Frames? Surely either of those options is much more useful than just having poster images in folders by genre.

yes i have excel and yep i know how to use it bro.. why ?

That's good news. It means the option I recommended is still open to you. If you decide to go that route, I'll be happy to answer whatever specific questions you may have. I'm not going to do it for you or lay it out a step-by-step.

Offline supreme

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 05:24:36 pm »
i read the links u pasted...it doesnt get me to what i need to do...
:(

SuPrEmE

PVD Version 0.9.9.21
Windows 7 x64 4Gb RAM

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 10:44:39 am »
The export templates are described here: http://www.videodb.info/help/hlp_export.html
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

anything