Author Topic: New member  (Read 5742 times)

Offline Rickylef

• View Profile
« on: April 08, 2011, 07:47:42 pm »
Hi !
My name's Ricky and I'm french. I live in France. I use PVD since fiew time now and I've got a problem to import from imdb since my computer failed. Does somebody can help me to result this? I imported normally from imdb since I've loaded PVD. My english is not very hard and I can't find the solution on line. I've got a little question too. Why can't we imported files from imdb France, in french? I've seen some russian, german, italian sites  but any french.
Hope you answer that quickly...
Thanks

Friendly
Ricky

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 08:48:28 pm »
Welcome, Ricky.

Please describe more fully what happens when you try to import from IMDb. It might be more effective for you to answer in french—we can translate using Google Translate.

Your "computer failure" could have resulted in your configuration settings being reset to defaults. Review the settings for the IMDb plugin to ensure they are set according to your needs.

Why can't we imported files from imdb France, in french?

I believe that would require the development and maintenance of a separate plugin. Unfortunately, it's already a lot of work to keep the English version up-to-date with IMDb site changes, etc.

Offline Rickylef

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 09:27:40 pm »
Hi Rick
First, I would like to thank you for answer so quickly.

It seems easier for me to tell you what 's happen in french but I trust in half in google translation... So let me try in english et keep google as the last solution. Well, my computer failed because of a malfunction of the hard drive. So I can keep my PVD 's inforation on an  external one. Someone repairs my pc but I've got to install PVD again. So I do! But when I entered a new movie yesterday, I tried to import with clicking on the importation list and anything 's done on my screen, no actors, directors or writers name. By the way, I've got a window with some choices like it did before, to choose the right importation. But anything works. I hope i've been clear enough (laugh).

Can you help me?

Ricky

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 10:13:23 pm »
So I can keep my PVD 's inforation on an  external one. Someone repairs my pc but I've got to install PVD again.

Unless you backed-up and restored the configuration file saved in your "Application Data" folder, re-installing the program resulted in a new default configuration file. You need to configure the IMDb plugin at Preferences>Plugins. Select the plugin, click the Configure button and select the options you require. Also select the fields you require in the Overwrite fields... window.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Rickylef

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 10:40:37 pm »
I did this yet but when I see the picture you joined, I ask to myself if I don't have to load a new version... I'll try this and I'll tell you the result. Thank you very much indeed for helping me...
  Read you soon

So where are you from?

I would like to say goodnight but it depend on your location...

Thanx

Friendly Ricky

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 11:05:20 pm »
I ask to myself if I don't have to load a new version...

That's easy—use Help>Check for Updates.

So where are you from?

An island in the Pacific.

I would like to say goodnight...

That's okay. I'll go for a good walk on the beach instead. ;)

Offline Rickylef

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 08:49:26 am »
Hi !

Ok , Rick; how lucky you are!

So I've loaded a new version, the last one. And it seems to work now... I really thank you... So long and have  a long and good life, my new friend.

Ricky