Author Topic: How to set PVD take as movie title the folder's name?  (Read 4993 times)

Offline akispavlopoulos

• View Profile
How to set PVD take as movie title the folder's name?
« on: April 13, 2011, 05:04:43 pm »
Hi!

I am using PVD for cataloging my homemade instructional videos. I have store them in my hdd, its video under a folder with the title of the "movie". Sometimes in a folder are 2 or more videos. Anyway, I want PVD to purse the folder's name as movie title when I scan my drive with the "scan folders" option. How I do that? I searched the preference but I didn't find any options for this...

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: How to set PVD take as movie title the folder's name?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 01:30:23 am »
The file scanner extracts information from file paths using the Regular Expressions ("regex") in the configuration (Preferences>File scanner). You can find help about such things by searching this forum for "regex."

If the situation is as simple as you describe it, (?i)^.*\\(?P<title>.*)\\..* should work. That's simply recognizing the last string found between two "\" as the Title.

Offline akispavlopoulos

• View Profile
Re: How to set PVD take as movie title the folder's name?
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 09:22:13 pm »
Thank you very much for your answer!! It works perfect! Only I have some folders that include some 2 or 3 sub-folders and inside them are my videos. The program is reading as title of the movies the names of the subfolders and not the parent folder. I find out that if I put a number in front of the sub-folder's names it is fine! The program reads the parent folder name as title of the movie. Thank you again for your help and for your fine program!