Author Topic: Adding playlist files to PVD  (Read 5030 times)

Offline maybe111

• View Profile
Adding playlist files to PVD
« on: April 10, 2011, 02:56:26 am »
I have an extensive video collection and have encoded most of them onto my hdd, approx 2000 files, I am using PVD to catalog these files and find the program excellent, in fact probably the best out there including commercial ones.

I would also like to start using PVD to catalog my music albums, i've found that by using the "main screen" to create an artists bio and then using the "episode" to add an album i can get an excellent cataloging system going.

What i would like to know is can I link a playlist file (.m3u for example) to PVD in order for VLC to play the music, VLC is my system default player. I have enabled .m3u in "Preferrences" but cannot seem to get it to recognise the file. I am using VLC to create the playlist file.

I am using PVD ver 0.9.9.21

Any help would be great....

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Adding playlist files to PVD
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 06:50:43 am »
I am using VLC to create the playlist file.

That doesn't sound right. I'm sure you'll want to configure the file scanner so it recognizes albums and records the path names of all the tracks in the album record. Then specify at Preferences>Miscellaneous the Playlist type to use... and associate the chosen type (e.g., m3u) with VLC.

You might be interested in this topic.

Offline maybe111

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 07:31:21 am »
Just added .m3u to the 'File Extension' box under 'File Scanner' works perfectly... thank you very much...

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 07:51:17 pm »
Just added .m3u to the 'File Extension' box under 'File Scanner' works perfectly...

...If you insist on doing it the hard way. ;)

Is the program smart enough to analyze the files in the playlist and record the media information—as it would if the file paths were recorded directly?