English > Scripts and Templates

Script: Import poster with same filename as movie from same folder

(1/4) > >>

Einar:
Hello.

On the basis of the script that imports movie information from a text file I wrote a little script to automatically import posters from movie folders, but with the following restrictions. The poster file has to be within the same folder as the movie and the filename needs to be the same as the movie filename.

So here it is (see attachment), just for the case that it might be helpful to anyone.

Greetings,
Einar

[attachment deleted by admin]

rick.ca:

--- Quote ---...just for the case that it might be helpful to anyone.
--- End quote ---

I'm sure it will. Thanks!

akispavlopoulos:
Hi Einar!

Thank you for your script. It is really very usefull! Well, it will be for me if you could change the filename of the poster :-). I mean that all my movies posters have the name "folder.jpg". Could you make a varied type of your script that imports the poster with this name inside the movie's folder? Thank you in advance!

Einar:
Hello akispavlopoulos.

According to your request I modified the script (see attachment to this post).
And I did that in a way that for other file names, just the name within the script has to be changed (line 167). The corresponding line in the script is commented. Currently it is 'folder.jpg' so you can use it right away ;)

So this second script is useful for the case that the poster file is within the same folder as the movie and has always one specific name (e.g. 'folder.jpg').

Greetings,
Einar

[attachment deleted by admin]

akispavlopoulos:
Thank you!!!!! Thank you so much!! I think this topic must be sticky! You have done an excellent job!

Something more, a suggestion, but not so important: Can you make another script for importing the back.jpg (or whatever name) as the back of a dvd case and put is as "back cover"?

Again thank you very very much for your poster script!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version