Author Topic: Change data source from Allmovie to IMDb  (Read 4333 times)

Offline lid26

• View Profile
Change data source from Allmovie to IMDb
« on: May 07, 2011, 06:52:07 pm »
Hi All
First off I would like to say that this is the greatest dvd catalogue program out there, I just love it. Too bad there wasn't one for music also.  :'(  I was wondering if there is a simple way to change all my movie listings to IMDB from All movie or do you have to delete the listing and start over. I wanted to do IMDB from the beginning but when I downloaded it, IMDB wouldn't work but now it seems to. I have over 400 listings so one at a time will be very time consuming.

Thanks in advance and thanks again for thw wonderful program

John
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 02:01:36 am by rick.ca »

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Change to IMDB
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 08:00:55 pm »
Welcome, John.

Please have a look at the Help section of this forum. It's not complete, but will provide an overview of how things work and get you started.

Your database is completely independent of it's data sources. The program handles data from IMDb with little modification. You'll see in the plugin configuration there are a few options that require custom fields be added—if you want the optional data. All data plugins run in batch mode, and they can be run "silent"—doing the best they can to find the correct data without stopping to ask you for clarification. The way to update 400 movies is to run the plugin on all of them in "silent mode" (the option is at the bottom of Preferences>Plugins). Then turn that option off, select the movies that failed to update (filter them with a search), and then run the plugin again.