Author Topic: Handling multiple files and other things...  (Read 4630 times)

Offline katleeh

• User
    • View Profile
Handling multiple files and other things...
« on: May 20, 2011, 12:34:04 am »
Is there a way to split up the files info so that if there is more than one video file for a movie it will display the information for each video file as opposed to just showing them all on one line? This would make the data display a lot easier to read sometimes especially if the files have different resolutions and such.

Also, is there a way to rename the seasons? For instance some sites sell videos you can download now and some of those are in multiple files but they might be extras as opposed to regular content or they might free content to download that aren't part of the regular series. Does this make sense?

-katleeh
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 05:34:40 am by rick.ca »

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Handling multiple files and other things...
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 06:00:21 am »
Is there a way to split up the files info...

Can you provide an example that would illustrate the need for this? Normally the thing a record is keeping track of is one movie. It's media may consist of more than one file, but there's usually no reason to be interested in data about each of those files. If that's not the case, then maybe the situation calls for separate records.

Also, is there a way to rename the seasons?

No. Conventional practise is to use Season 00 to record miniseries, webisodes, and other specials.

Offline katleeh

• User
    • View Profile
Re: Handling multiple files and other thins...
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 03:17:24 am »
Okay, so you are suggesting what I already figured and that was to just use seperate "episodes" for each file.

Thanks, that's what I figured. I'll have to use custom fields for the totals and such.

- Katleeh