Author Topic: question on memobox displays...  (Read 4636 times)

Offline katleeh

• User
    • View Profile
question on memobox displays...
« on: June 09, 2011, 11:00:57 pm »
Okay so I am still working on the anime skin and it is very time consuming. I tried using the software that rick.ca recommended but couldn't figure out how to add new sections (ie anything like row/column) but I'll figure things out and probably code it textually. At any rate I want to have 2 tabs under the cast tab. One tab will be japanese cast, which has to be the main as not all anime is dubbed in english. The second tab will be for the english cast and will have to be entirely custom fields. So, if I use a custom memo box and display the cast names like for the standard, will they display the same way? In other words, in the cast box, <actor name> ... <character name> shows up with the ... being replaced by a large space to balance left and right justification. Will the custom memo box show up the same way?

And on aside note, has anyone tried making skins using !CDATA?

- katleeh

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: question on memobox displays...
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 12:32:47 am »
So, if I use a custom memo box and display the cast names like for the standard, will they display the same way?

No. There is no "Actor-type" custom field, and there is only one standard [Actors] field. If you put the English cast only in a custom field, they won't be included in the database as people. I would put them all in [Actors] as [Name]...[Role] ([Version]) where [Version] = "Japanese" or "English."

And on aside note, has anyone tried making skins using !CDATA?

For what purpose?

Offline katleeh

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 01:01:11 am »
For the purpose of including other images in the skin that aren't record specific.

- katleeh

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 01:39:52 am »
If the engine had such a capability, I'm sure it would be mentioned in the manual.

anything