Author Topic: Please Add Plot Summary  (Read 9667 times)

Offline warcode

• View Profile
Please Add Plot Summary
« on: June 21, 2011, 07:32:33 am »
Please Add Plot Summary to be downloaded from imdb so that it would be easy to recollect the movie.... :'(
i've about 100 movies so it would be easy for me to remember just by reading the plot summary.. I now a days do it manually...

Offline warcode

• View Profile
Re: Please Add Plot Summary
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 07:39:55 am »

Also it would be very easy if we could get information from other softwares as movienizer.... ???

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 10:30:10 am »
Please Add Plot Summary to be downloaded from imdb...

It already does. It's referred to as "Description" in the Overwrite fields section of the configuration. You can also specify the field to put it into, allowing multiple descriptions/plot summaries/overviews/whatever from various sources.

Also it would be very easy if we could get information from other softwares as movienizer...

If you can export the data from the other program in some plain text format, it can be imported to PVD without much difficulty.

Offline warcode

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 08:35:15 am »
It does import but just a one liner...
I wish to download the full plot summary...
imdb shows a hyperlink to view the full plot summary as "Full Plot Summary".

And import from movienizer just takes place by adding the name... if we want to add all details from movienizer db to Pvd we have to download it all over again... ???

Offline minolotus

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 09:49:08 am »

This might be a problem with the script. I am facing the same problem. The setting "download full plot" for the script has no effects anymore.

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 10:02:22 am »

This might be a problem with the script. I am facing the same problem. The setting "download full plot" for the script has no effects anymore.

For more than two months, so will have to wait that Nostra edited and uploaded new movie and people IMDb plugin.
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

Offline minolotus

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 10:17:27 am »
Oops, I have just discovered that I had not the latest version of the script (0.9.6.4). After the update it works fine for me now.

@warcode: Check under "help - check for updates" if you have the newest version of the script and that under "preferences - plugins - imdb - configure" the setting "download full plot summary" is enabled.

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 10:23:47 am »
Oops, I have just discovered that I had not the latest version of the script (0.9.6.4). After the update it works fine for me now.

@warcode: Check under "help - check for updates" if you have the newest version of the script and that under "preferences - plugins - imdb - configure" the setting "download full plot summary" is enabled.

Thanks, minolotus, You said that the new version of plugin, today I did not look or check for new update, they are already available.
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 10:44:31 am »
Remember that nostra sees the future, and therefore routinely fixes the problem you're having now yesterday. Ignore automatic updates at your peril. ;)

And import from movienizer just takes place by adding the name...

Unless you're expecting someone here to know something about movienizer, you'll have to explain exactly what you're trying to do. PVD is capable of importing any number of fields—if the data is in appropriate form.

Offline minolotus

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 10:53:46 am »
Insert Quote
Remember that nostra sees the future, and therefore routinely fixes the problem you're having now yesterday. Ignore automatic updates at your peril.

That is an interesting point. I have enabled the „check for updates“ option but I did not get a message. The ignore list is empty. How often is PVD checking for updates?

Offline warcode

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 08:47:30 am »
Thanks minolotus.. Got it configured right..
Thanks Rick.ca
It already does. It's referred to as "Description" in the Overwrite fields section of the configuration. You can also specify the field to put it into, allowing multiple descriptions/plot summaries/overviews/whatever from various sources.