Author Topic: A few suggestions...  (Read 4260 times)

Offline ferl

• View Profile
A few suggestions...
« on: July 13, 2011, 06:19:45 pm »
Hello.

It would be nice to be able to filter by DATE ADDED.
Like right now if I make an update to my list and I just want to export the new additions,
I have "wish" all the new entries, filter by wish, export, unwish.

Also, it would be great to be able to import data from movies.msn.com, especially the
synopsis which is sometimes missing from iMDB. Right now I have to do this manually.

Thanks,
Mark

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: A few suggestions...
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 09:01:02 pm »
It would be nice to be able to filter by DATE ADDED.

We already have a highly flexible "filter" in the form of Advanced Search.

it would be great to be able to import data from movies.msn.com, especially the synopsis which is sometimes missing from iMDB.

You're in luck. MSN gets the Synopsis from Rovi—what used to be Allmovies. We're just putting the finishing touches on an AllRovi movie script. Rovi also has a consistent and well written Review for most movies. For many of us, it's the primary source for these two things.

You can try the script now if you like. I recommend you do so, even though we're still improving it. Assuming you haven't already done so, you'll have to learn how to do a few things, like...

• adding necessary custom fields (e.g., for Review, Rovi rating)
  • adding those custom fields to your skin (so they appear where you want them)
  • configuring Overwrite fields... to combine data from multiple sources in the way you prefer
  • using batch files to combine plugins and scripts (e.g., IMDb and AllRovi)