Author Topic: IMDb plugin maintenance issues  (Read 143017 times)

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
IMDb plugin maintenance issues
« on: July 20, 2011, 05:29:26 am »
The error no longer occurs, but the User Review and Technical Specs custom fields are not being filled.

Just a reminder this is outstanding.

Is there anything else the plugin is not getting that it should?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 01:38:31 am by rick.ca »

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
IMDb plugin broken
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 11:25:50 pm »
Although I haven't tested it extensively, it seems the plugin can no longer get posters. If Download image is set in the configuration, the plugin sets [URL] to the poster URL, and then is unable to get the poster or the movie information. When the option is not selected, the plugin will get the movie information normally.

Offline minolotus

• User
    • View Profile
Re: IMDb plugin broken
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 12:21:08 am »
Yep, same problem here. Updating is also not working. The script adds only the url of the  poster to the the url field.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 01:03:52 am »
The script adds only the url of the poster to the the url field.

And once that has happened, the record probably won't be updated even after the plugin is fixed. If so, anyone who attempts to update a large number of records while the plugin is in this state are going to be very unhappy with the result. Hopefully nostra will fix it soon.

Offline JVD

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 08:44:35 am »
Got the same problem. But it happens with all options in the imdb plug-in if no data is found such as box office and full cast. Wouldn't it be possible to change plug-in in that way that when no data is found for an option it is skipped but the other options still would be updated.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 09:25:01 am »
But it happens with all options in the imdb plug-in if no data is found such as box office and full cast.

I don't see anything like that happening. Please provide some examples.

Offline Meks

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 02:54:21 pm »
I just tried to import the movie "Pulse" which has the IMDB ID tt0454919. I had all options switched on, nothing was downloaded. I then switched off the "Poster" option: again only a blank page.
I also switched off "Studio", "MPAA", "Additional rating", "Tags", "Budget", "Box office", "Duration", "Awards", "Connections", "Features" and "Episodes", still with no result.
Something seems to be really badly broken. Maybe the guys at IMDB tried successfully to make their database unaccessible for outside connections?

[Edit:] Tried another movie, "The Eye" (tt0406759), with exactly the same results. The IMDB plugin does not work at all (plugin version 0.9.6.5)

[Edit 2:] Well, this is getting weird: I tried to import via zelluloid.de, which also don't work. Anyone any explanation for that?! OFDB.de works okay, but it's not a good source with way too little information.

By the way, just to say that again: I love this program and I think Nostradamus did and does a great job!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 03:19:22 pm by Meks »

Offline minolotus

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 03:17:41 pm »
Downloading the data for "pulse" worked for me. Where did  change the settings? You have to disable "download image" under "tools - preferences - imdb - configure. It will not work if you turn off only the override settings.

Offline Meks

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 03:24:06 pm »
@minolotus: Wow, you just made my day! I had completely forgotten about the "Configure" button! Now it appears to work alright again. Thank you!

Offline abubin

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011, 04:29:07 pm »
i can confirm disabling "download image" for IMDB plugin solves the problem. So we cannot use that option for now until it is fixed.

Offline warcode

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 09:25:43 am »
Same problem still continuing....

Offline Draven

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 12:12:14 pm »
same here...

Offline Melmoth

• User
    • View Profile
IMDB plugin - all genres?
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011, 12:47:27 pm »
Hi everybody. I'm looking for a way to download all genres from IMDB, not just the three the plugin currently loads. Is there a way?

Thanks in advance,

Melmoth

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: IMDB plugin - all genres?
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2011, 08:15:07 pm »
I don't understand. From what I can tell, the plugin correctly downloads whatever genres IMDb has associated with a movie. If it's failing to do so in some circumstance, please provide examples.

Offline minolotus

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2011, 08:47:59 pm »
I didn't notice it before but I think Melmoth is right. The script gets only up to three genre. I tried importing "Spider-Man 3" and Thriller is missing.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2011, 01:27:53 am »
OIC. Yes, it must be getting it from the "infobar" at the top, rather than the "Storyline" section below.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2011, 01:37:17 am »
The plugin seems to be about due for maintenance, so I'll ask again...

Is there anything else the plugin is not getting that it should?

...I'm attempting to consolidate outstanding issues in this thread.

Offline leogets

• User
    • View Profile
Re: IMDb Plugin problems
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2011, 03:22:51 am »
Need Help to try and fix why this is happening.
First what happened.  My drive crashed. I got a new one but didn't make a recent backup.
I ghost my image back onto my new drive. I run PVD. I added some 60 more movies to my database since this ghost image and the crash.
I try to update the database and scan some more movies.

I do a scan of a directory of 30 movies. of them 2 were already in the database,
but I replaced them with better ones. 17 of them come out with this:
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm...  for a URL and no data, Just the Name, Original Title, Year and URL.
Instead of:
http://www.imdb.com/title/... for a URL and all data is found and present.

For 3 of the movies no data or imdb link could be found for the movie filename.
And the 8 movies that do display http://www.imdb.com/title/... for a URL also show
the data but there are No Cover Images or Posters found for any of the new movies.

What to do?

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: IMDb plugin maintenance issues
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2011, 03:35:41 am »
Although I haven't tested it extensively, it seems the plugin can no longer get posters. If Download image is set in the configuration, the plugin sets [URL] to the poster URL, and then is unable to get the poster or the movie information. When the option is not selected, the plugin will get the movie information normally.

What to do?

Turn-off Download image and wait for nostra to update the plugin.

Offline leogets

• User
    • View Profile
Re: IMDb plugin maintenance issues
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2011, 04:44:09 pm »
So I fixed part of this.  I renamed the plugin directory to Plugins_old. I ran PVD then selected to Check for updates.  I selected to download some of the IMDB plugins.
- amazon.dll
- imdb.dll
- imdb_people.dll
- tmdb.dll
In preferences for plugin configuration I selected silent mode.  All information now is gathered for the movies except for the cover image even if I selected also to Download all available images.

When I select to configure the IMDB plugin to download images, this is when I seem to get this http://www.imdb.com/media/rm...  and no data for the movies.