Author Topic: IMDb plugin maintenance issues  (Read 146495 times)

Offline TBach1979

• View Profile
Re: IMDb plugin maintenance issues
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2012, 08:34:50 am »
Isn't importing movie duration anymore :(

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2012, 06:41:12 pm »
Imdb plugin 0.9.8.2

I noticed that Movie Connections no longer works.
Question for Nostra:
Movie Connections - data transfer will work to continue (will continue to be available) or data will no longer be available in the future.
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2012, 06:43:23 pm »
I'll try to fix the problem asap.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2012, 09:37:12 pm »
I'll try to fix the problem asap.

Thanks for the reply and the effort to resolve the problem.
Ivek23

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2012, 10:29:51 pm »
Fixed

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 01, 2012, 12:46:37 pm »
Fixed

Thanks, but not the transfer of all.

Imdb plugin 0.9.8.3  -  Movie Connections
For example, for movie 100 Girls (2000) transfer the information to Movie Connections but not all:
plugin transfer info data only for two categories, but no data info transfer for the last category (in this case it is the third) on a web page (pictures are attached).
The transfer of data info in the other movies also still missing the last category.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Ivek23

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2012, 10:28:54 pm »
Should be OK now.

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 03, 2012, 07:07:09 am »
Should be OK now.
Yes, it is. Now it is ok. Thanks.
Ivek23

Offline facinlaburo

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 10, 2012, 12:49:14 am »
Not sure if it is a bug, cause i'm quite a newbie.
I had some character encoding problems in movie connections when importing my latest movies.
For instance, for the movie Aelita (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0014646/ ) in the "Featured in" section of the Movie connections I see "Fejezetek a film történetéböl: Az orosz és a szovjet némafilm" instead of "Fejezetek a film történetéböl: Az orosz és a szovjet némafilm".
I'm using latest version of program and IMDB plugin and didn't make any configuration changes.

By the way: Your program rules!!!

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2012, 12:08:47 am »
Please check if it is OK with the version 0.9.8.5

Offline facinlaburo

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2012, 07:04:47 pm »
Problem solved.  :)

I noticed another thing: some of the movies included in the IMDB "Connections" are linked with the ones you already have in the database but others don't. I couldn't realize of a pattern for this, but I'll give you two examples.

Example 1:
I have "Amelie" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0211915/), "El bueno, el malo y el feo" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060196/) and "El padrino II" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071562/) in the database.
When I import "Amor Eterno" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0344510/) and look at the connections -in 'References'- the third one is linked (with its english title) but the others aren't (also with their english titles). And if you go to the 3 movies that were already in  the base and look in 'Referenced in', "Amor Eterno" is linked in all of them.

Example 2:
I have "Good Bye Lenin!" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0301357/), "Fellini 8½" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056801/) and "Boccaccio '70" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055805/) in the database.
When I import "La Dolce Vita" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053779/) and look at 'Referenced in', "Good Bye Lenin!" is not linked (it appears as "Goodbye Lenin!") but the others are (they appear as "8½" and "Boccaccio '70"). And if you look at the 'References' connections in "Good Bye Lenin!" and "Boccaccio '70", "La Dolce Vita" (so it appears) is not linked, but it is linked in "Fellini 8½".

Once again: I love your program, it has 99% of what I ever dreamed (the 1% is a field for "Cinematography").

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2012, 10:47:37 pm »
I noticed another thing: some of the movies included in the IMDB "Connections" are linked with the ones you already have in the database but others don't.

It may help to understand all movies appearing in a 'Connections' list have a record in the database. If the record is visible, it's highlighted to indicate the movie is in your collection. So if a movie you know is in your collection is not highlighted, it's probably because there's a duplicate invisible record in your database. That duplicate record might have been created when the movie you're looking at was added because the existing visible record was not found, or it may have existed before and was not found and merged when you created the current record. I suppose most of these issues arise because the program is attempting to maintain these links by matching titles. Ambiguities (like 'Goodbye Lenin' vs. 'Good Bye Lenin') can result in an existing record not being found and a duplicate being created.

Offline facinlaburo

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 13, 2012, 03:46:02 pm »
I noticed another thing: some of the movies included in the IMDB "Connections" are linked with the ones you already have in the database but others don't.

... if a movie you know is in your collection is not highlighted, it's probably because there's a duplicate invisible record in your database. That duplicate record might have been created when the movie you're looking at was added because the existing visible record was not found, or it may have existed before and was not found and merged when you created the current record. I suppose most of these issues arise because the program is attempting to maintain these links by matching titles. Ambiguities (like 'Goodbye Lenin' vs. 'Good Bye Lenin') can result in an existing record not being found and a duplicate being created.

I made a test that make me think the problem has something to do with changing title, although this that not explain the case with "La Dolce Vita" except I changed it by mistake and don't remember.

Here's a description of the test:

1. Started the program without any database.
2. Created some custom items and checked the "Leave as they are" option in "Title formatting".
3. Imported a movie (title, url, comment and custom items) from MS Excel ("Amando de Ossorio: el último templario", http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0366163/).
4. Imported data for the movie from IMDB.
5. Made visible an item from "Connections, Features" ("Tombs of the Blind Dead", http://imdb.com/title/tt0067500/) and changed its title to "La noche del terror ciego". The "Add Record" window pops up but it only has "Add New" on the list so I click cancel.
6. Imported data for the movie from IMDB.
7. The connections are OK so far. From the first movie made visible a new item from "Connections, Edited from" ("Return of the Evil Dead", http://imdb.com/title/tt0068232/) and changed its title to "El ataque de los muertos sin ojos". The "Add Record" window pops up but it only has "Add New" on the list so I click cancel.
8. Imported data for the movie from IMDB. The "Add Record" window pops up but it only has "Add New" on the list so I click cancel.
9. The connections are not OK. From movie 1 are both linked . From movie 2 are both linked. But from movie 3 just the first one is linked.
11. Repeated the test without changing movie titles and all links are OK.
12. Added two more movies making them visibles from Connections -again without changing titles- and all links are OK.

I hope this information would be useful for someone.

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 12, 2012, 09:36:20 am »
Imdb plugin 0.9.8.5

For new entries movies Imdb plugin 0.9.8.5 does not work, can not find the results, because has changed Imdb page of search results. Also does not work Imdb Rating , needs a fix.
Ivek23

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 12, 2012, 07:47:28 pm »
Fixed search results and rating. People plugin is coming soon as well.

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2012, 07:55:33 pm »
Fixed search results and rating.

Thank you very much, Nostra.
Ivek23

Offline 80sfanboy

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 12, 2012, 08:26:27 pm »
Thank you! - I had to jump through hoops to get my fix :D

Offline gear

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 12, 2012, 11:05:37 pm »
Installed the new corrected version (v.0.9.8.6 dated 12/12/2012) of IMDB.dll plugin overwriting the older one.

Installed the new corrected version (v.0.3.0.12 dated 12/12/2012) of IMDB_people.dll plugin overwriting the older one.

Closed down and re-opened PVD 0.9.9.21 (on Windows XP Pro SP3).

Searched for "Notorious (1946)" using the "New Movie Master" icon and got the included picture: without any dates, as it used to show before...

By chance I chose the second one and it was the correct one!

Any ideas???

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 13, 2012, 12:27:28 am »
You are right. A new fix just went online.

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 13, 2012, 07:12:18 am »
You are right. A new fix just went online.

Thanks for the quick response and repair, will be necessary that the correct search results also in imdb2.dll plugin.
Ivek23