Author Topic: German TVDB import plugin  (Read 4677 times)

Offline canedha

• View Profile
German TVDB import plugin
« on: September 01, 2011, 01:28:05 pm »
Hi there,

I was wondering if you could make a german TVDB import plugin. I think it could be done very quickly since the only thing to do is (as far as i can see) to change the language code in the webadress, e.g.

for Boston Legal - S02E04 it is

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesid=74058&seasonid=28624&id=336595&lid=7

for the english version and

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesid=74058&seasonid=28624&id=336595&lid=14

for the german one. The only thing changed is "lid=14" instead of "lid=7" at the end.

Am I correct or is there anything else to consider? Probabely some pointers, different windows names etc, but I think its worth giving it a shot :)
I tried decompiling and hex-editing the tvdb.dll but I could not find the appropriate string.
I also saw that you provide a compiler and some sample plugins.If you don't have the time to recode the tvdb.dll with the german language change, could you then probabely send me the uncompiled original tvdb.dll so that I could give it a try?

It seems in the forum that there are a lot of germans using your program so I think it should be of interest of multiple users.

Anyway thanks for this awesome program,
canedha

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: German TVDB import plugin
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 09:01:05 pm »
The TVDb and TMDb plugins already support whatever languages these services offer. Select your language at Preferences > Plugins > (select the plugin) > Configure.

Offline canedha

• View Profile
Re: German TVDB import plugin
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 05:48:36 am »
oh ok, haven't seen this feature.

thanks for the fast reply :)

anything