Author Topic: Search (and replace) in People URL field  (Read 5469 times)

Offline AimHere

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
Search (and replace) in People URL field
« on: September 24, 2011, 03:30:05 pm »
Hi,

I have a minor problem in PVD 0.9.9.21 I'd like to solve. There was a time a while back when the IMDB plugin was returning URLs of the form "http://us.imdb.com/...", instead of "http://www.imdb.com/...", because that's what IMDB itself was returning for search results at the time. Eventually, IMDB went back to using "www.imdb.com", though. But now, I have a number of performers in my People database who still have the "us.imdb.com" flavor of URLs, and every time I update a record from IMDB (via the plugin) without remembering to change the "us" to "www", I wind up with two URLs in the URL field, the original "us" and the current/standard "www".

What I'd like to do is filter my People database to only show records that still have "us.imdb.com", so I can update them all and be done with it. But there doesn't seem to be any way to search by URL in the "Search" box. "URL" is not an option in the drop-down list next to the "Search" box, and choosing "All" doesn't actually include the URL field in the search (apparently "All" only includes the fields listed in the drop-down list, which, again, doesn't have "URL".)

I thought that maybe I could export the URLs to a CSV file (which I can), edit that, then re-import it... but discovered there is no CSV import for People, only for Movies.  :(

So my question is, IS there a simple way to do a search (and replace) on the URL field in People view?

Aimhere

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: Search (and replace) in People URL field
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 10:52:24 pm »
You can use Advanced Search where pretty all fields are included
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline AimHere

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Search (and replace) in People URL field
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 02:30:22 pm »
You can use Advanced Search where pretty all fields are included

This is PVD 0.9.9.21... there is no "Advanced Search" in People View, unfortunately.

Here's hoping  version 1 is released soon. (Not going to use the beta for my main database.)

Aimhere