Author Topic: Need help with importing movie information from IMDB?  (Read 4771 times)

Offline Dawn

• View Profile
Need help with importing movie information from IMDB?
« on: October 05, 2011, 05:32:57 am »
Okay so I'm new to PVD so forgive me if this is a newb question! I've also already read the forums and I've seen the threads about maintenance issues with IMDB importing.. but they were pretty confusing, and nobody seemed to find a solution. Plus I'm newb remember, so I could barely understand half the stuff being said.

This is my problem. I click "New Movie Master" and type in my title, (example: 'Thor'). I click go, it downloads the poster and information and everything. But when its finished, the only things that show up is the movie poster and a URL link to the IMDB website. None of the imformation gets imported? And yet if I change it to 'get information from 'anothersite-', it works.

I read the other threads, and everyone else appeared to have the same problem, but I couldn't find a solution. It's been months since anyone replied in those threads, so can anyone help me fix this for myself? I downloaded the IMDB plug-in version 0.9.7.5 from the downloads section.. have no idea what to do with it, or if they will even help. So yeah. Complete newb in need of assistance. :(

Thanks to anyone can help me out.
Fall seven times, stand up eight.

Offline Dawn

• View Profile
Re: Need help with importing movie information from IMDB?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 05:45:15 am »
YES!!! Don't worry, I figured it out. I just moved the new plugin into the plugins folder and replaced old one and restarted PVD.

Will I need to do this every time there is an update in the future?
Fall seven times, stand up eight.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with importing movie information from IMDB?
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 06:59:41 am »
At Preferences > Internet Connection check Check for updates. I believe the program will then do so each time it's started. Check for updates at any time from the Help menu.

anything