Author Topic: Problem importing DVD series information  (Read 6517 times)

Offline gramma21

• View Profile
Problem importing DVD series information
« on: March 27, 2013, 08:49:49 pm »
I'm having all kinds of trouble, and I can't seem to find any help on how to do this.  ??? I have just downloaded PVD and imported my entire collection from the database I'd been using (turned it into Excel format and imported it). So my next step is to go through each of them and download the information from IMDB. I started that and it works just fine, until I get to a series. When I try to import the information on a series, I get "movie not found". Yet I'm reading that others are not only getting the information from each season, but the episode information as well. How do you do that? And please go slow and full detail! I'm new at this stuff!  :-\

Thanks

Tina

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: Problem importing DVD series information
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 11:54:22 pm »
1. Check if you have the latest plugin version installed.
2. Go to Preferences -> Plugins, select the imdb plugin and click "Configure" button. Uncheck the option to download images (it is causing some problems lately)
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline gramma21

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 02:56:29 am »
1. I have version 0.9.8.14
2. Download image is already unchecked.

Offline Kariput

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 04:55:25 pm »
I don't know why you're not getting the series info.  I also have version 09.8.14.  Here are some screenshots of how the procedure works for me.  Hope it helps.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 05:15:54 pm by Kariput »

Offline gramma21

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 05:24:59 pm »
That is how I am trying to do it. But I only get as far as picture 1 and I get no movie choices, I just get the Information box that says, "No movies found :("

I THINK I've just figured out the problem. My DVDs are titled as "Psych - Season 1". When I took off the "- season 1", it appears to be working (I just now tried this and instead of the popup, it says it's downloading).

The other problem I'm having is how long it takes to download. You said 10 minutes, I've gone away and come back an hour later and it's still going.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 05:27:18 pm by gramma21 »

Offline Kariput

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 05:41:16 pm »
As I said, it all depends on the length of the series and your connection speed. 

Try experimenting with Garrow's Law which has three seasons with only four episodes/season.

Offline gramma21

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 12:31:36 am »
I have the same problem even for just a regular movie. And I often get notice that it has timed out. I've checked my download thread timeout and it's set at 90000.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 01:07:40 pm »
What is your internet connection and network setup? Maybe you need to use a proxy? Check your firewall settings.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline gramma21

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 11:17:58 pm »
Internet connection isn't extremely fast, but not slow. No proxy needed and firewall settings allow this to go through. This only happens now and then. I usually shut down the program, bring it back up and it works fine again.