Author Topic: IMDB Watchlist  (Read 9701 times)

Offline Clearboy

• View Profile
IMDB Watchlist
« on: November 02, 2011, 12:43:51 pm »
How can i set seen list to imdb watchlist

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: IMDB Watchlist
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 09:41:29 pm »
Export the watchlist, and import it with [Viewed]=[-1]. Searching the forum for "importing" will find information about how to import.

Offline tmb17

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 02:20:05 am »
Hi, old post but this is my headline, maybe the other way round....
I  like to import my imdb-watchlist into database from PVD. (imdb watchlist file is a csv file.)
The import goes wrong and weird. Is it possible to make any changes in the import details anyhow before start import the file. Or can i use the imdb-plugin (don't know how?!?) for this?
thx for answers tmb

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 03:10:00 am »
Welcome.

I  like to import my imdb-watchlist into database from PVD.

The first row of the CSV file should be a header indicating the IMDb data element included. Configure the CSV Import plugin, matching each of those to the PVD field you want to put it in. Note that it's the order in which those fields are placed that determines which fields the data is imported to. Also ensure the plugin options are appropriate to the circumstances. Then run the plugin, select the file and answer the prompts (if any).

The Excel Import plugin is essentially the same. You may find it easier to open the CSV in Excel, see the data in columns, make any necessary changes (e.g., deleting unwanted columns), and then import the file (saved as an XLS or CSV).

Offline tmb17

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 08:26:08 pm »
Thanks a lot Rick, i needed some time with the csv / excel etc. but now it seems to work.

Even the imdb data update is working now and looks nice in the first few movies i had a look now while working.

Nice Program at all. After a night of checking many of movie database-software, it's the most interesting for me right now on windows and open-source (together with TELLICO which is still my favortite, bt just working on KDE what i am not jusing for athe time....). thx!

Offline tmb17

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 12:50:58 am »
 P.S.:
Please add Director of Photography for imdb-plugin! ;)

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 07:13:16 am »
P.S.:
Please add Director of Photography for imdb-plugin! ;)

Not yet, because PVD does not support this field. The only option is a custom field and Imdb plugin to add the option to download the data in the custom field.
Another option would be to IMDB script and data in a custom field. Easy IMDB script is here (Imdb Movie Script for rating ...).
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 05:04:05 pm »
Another option would be to IMDB script and data in a custom field. Easy IMDB script is here (Imdb Movie Script for rating ...).

This option has not yet been added to Imdb script. Can I do a little more thorough look at Imdb source code page and see what I can do. Then I can also tell you at what time then it would be also feasible.

It can also write in this thread:  Suggestion for Ivek23
Ivek23

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 12:51:34 pm »
This option has not yet been added to Imdb script. Can I do a little more thorough look at Imdb source code page and see what I can do. Then I can also tell you at what time then it would be also feasible.

I looked, probably not be a problem to this is added to the script. Big problem is, because now I do not have time for it. Currently somewhere until the beginning of September I do not have time for that.  I'm too busy with other work. I hope to be somewhere in the middle of October just find the time and that I will do.
Ivek23