Author Topic: export Web Pages (IndexMovies) duplicates the movie title  (Read 5593 times)

Offline fejao

• View Profile
export Web Pages (IndexMovies) duplicates the movie title
« on: November 15, 2011, 02:43:34 pm »
Hi there,
I'm using the 0.9.9.21 version and I`m loving it.
The thing is that I want to export my video collection to make an small web-page
The tool works great but I don't know what goes wrong when after the page 10 from the index pages all movies gets a duplicate title, and it would be a pain to edit page to page since I have more than 1000 movies in my collection.
If someone could told me where I can take a look in which script file because i'm kind of lost here trying to figure it out where to looking for.
Also I don't understand why the generated index pages the titles aren't in an alphabetic order...I would appreciate if it could be done

Thanks in advance for your help

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: export Web Pages (IndexMovies) duplicates the movie title
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 09:52:51 pm »
I think the templates by svenne are much better for HTML export. Try them:
http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php/topic,1844.msg13919.html#msg13919
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline fejao

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 12:31:30 am »
It shouldn't be something really difficult to do, something like:

if(title=original_name)
    print: title;
else
    print: title-original_name;

But I still don't know which file I should try to modify...that could make the job easier then reading all files

Thanks in advance

Offline svenne

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 12:38:57 pm »
Solved, I'd think... ;) I changed my templates according to your proposal: http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php/topic,1844.msg14395.html#msg14395

Also I don't understand why the generated index pages the titles aren't in an alphabetic order...
(At least with my templates...) The title index will be sorted the way it was in PVD when you invoked the export.
In Web Pages(Index&Movies).ptm or any other template you can resemble this by removing explicit sort commands. In Web Pages(Index&Movies).ptm you would remove
Code: [Select]
sortby="3"
sortdir="sdAscending"

There still is an issue with titles beginning with uppercase/lowercase letters or special characters. As a workaround for the "HTML Frames" template you may copy the titles from the index file (in your browser), start Excel, insert them into the first column. Then take a text editor (like notepad) and cut all <li>...</li>-lines below <div id="list"> from the (exported) HTML source code. Paste them into the second column in Excel. Let Excel sort everything alphabetically according to the first column's data and reinsert the sorted <li>...</li>-lines
back into the HTML source.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 01:09:50 pm by svenne »