Author Topic: 1.0.2.3 Beta  (Read 24572 times)

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
1.0.2.3 Beta
« on: March 31, 2012, 10:58:29 pm »
Probably the last beta.

Please, always backup your database, before updating an existing PVD installation!

Changelog:

FeatureFilter by credits
FeatureField label click switches field in Mass Editor
FeatureScripts can now create UI elements, use Ini files, Lists and Streams
ImprovedSearch performance
ImprovedImport/Export Plugins have now access to multiple additional functions in the main application
ImprovedEdit button for Advanced search
Improved"All" filter searches in custom fields
ImprovedDatabase file handling
ChangedFiles in Path field are clickable
ChangedAdded ukrainian translation
FixedChanging name/title did not work
FixedDifferent minor fixes

Downloads:
Installer
Zip
7z
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 06:27:11 pm by nostra »
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline sihyp

• View Profile
Re: 1.0.2.3 Beta
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 01:29:21 am »
Absolute gem. I trust it to manage 1900 titles and serving home network though Firebird.
Thanks.

Offline oenghus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 02:38:32 am »
Thanks for the best movie database available.  ;D

I have been using version 0.9.9.21 for some time and I have recently upgraded as I have a problem when grouping by Date Added.

I initially see the tree view showing the count of titles grouped by dates. If I try to expand the group, either the + just disappears or I get the error:

InitChildren
conversion error from string "30/03/2012"
Overflow occurred during data type conversion.
Error Code: 14

I found a few reports for this for version 0.9.9.21 but not for this version.

If I set the Group By back to none, should I be able to key in a specific date to search by Date Added as I cannot get any date format to work ?

Thanks again.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 06:46:30 pm »
So what version are you using right now?
What is your native date format?

Offline oenghus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 01:14:45 am »
I'm running PVD 1.0.2.3.beta on Windows XP SP3

Regional options are set to English (United Kingdom)

Short date format is dd/MM/yyyy

Long date format is dd MMMM yyyy

Thanks

Offline FrankTheTank

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 03:10:41 am »
Are the zip or 7z archives portable or do we have to wait for a portable version? Just curious since 0.9.9.21 had a portable apps installer :)

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 10:16:23 am »
You can always start PVD with -portable command line parameter. There is no portable apps installer at this moment.

Offline leogets

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 03:51:20 pm »
There is no icon in the Web Search section to initiate it.   Entering in some text then hitting enter does not work.
How are you suppose to use web search?

There are no pop-up remarks attached to the three (3) icons prior to Import:
so what are these icons (for or what do they do)?

I would also like to know if when fixed, the Web Search will be able to be monified in the settings to except and Display either the Original Title of the Movie, (which it is now set too in v0.9.9.21 and that which cannot be changed) or Just the Title you have given for this movie. A selection in settings.  Having this option will enable users like myself to always be able to do a web search at\from the place where I orginally found this movie. Thiis is especially useful when it comes to those movies when scanned and no data on IMDB's site can be found.  If I selected to Use Title when it came to displaying text in the Web Search box then it would always to possible to search from where I found the movie to get the IMDB url for this movie. Currently in v0.9.9.21 if no data is found for a movie, then there is No text at all present in the Web Seach box; you have to be either at the keyboard so you can highlight the Title of the movie and then hit "ctrl+C" to be able to copy and paste it into the Web Search box or Type it in the Web Search box or just use the mouse to double-click on the movie title so you can edit it and then high-light the movie title then right-click to select to copy and then right-click and again to paste it into the web search box... This is alot of work; whereas if Title was displayable in the web search engine instead of the Original Title it would make it that much easier to do a web search. This should be a individual preference and a selectable option in the settings for the Web Search criteria to be used.   

Ok, so tried to use it a little bit more.  When I selected Web on the top menue, The Web Search section disappeared selecting it once more, made it reappear and this time with the Icon to be able to use it.

By the way, where are the Preferences menu item where I can enter or change specific options?
Where is the Play Icon?
How or where do you select which of your vidoeo players to use to play the movies? 
I cannot Play any of the movies without opening the containing folder and then double-click on the movie to play it. Correction, I can also right-click on the Movie Title in the left hand column and select Play from the menue.
Where or how do you select or change the Skin?
All of these were found under Tools\Preferences in v0.9.9.21 but cannot be found in this new beta.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 01:04:59 pm by leogets »

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 11:17:55 pm »
There is no icon in the Web Search section to initiate it.

There should be a globe icon to the right of the text box.

There are no pop-up remarks attached to the three (3) icons prior to Import:
so what are these icons (for or what do they do)?

They're all 'favourites'. The first two are for movie info and poster. I suppose the other two are for covers, but I don't have any cover plugins.

If I selected to Use Title when it came to displaying text in the Web Search box then it would always to possible to search from where I found the movie to get the IMDB url for this movie.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. If a title exists at the IMDb, why not just run the plugin? If the plugin search fails, then a Web Search of the IMDb using the same title will too—they use the same search.

But I agree there should be some way to use search terms other than [Title]. There are two ways that could be done that would be more versatile than an options setting. The ultimate solution would be to provide both:
  • A drop-down list of relevant fields to choose from (Title, Original Title, AKA, Series, Studio, Director, first 3 Actors, IMDb tt#, File Path, etc.). Plus a very useful one: 'Clipboard'. (While I'm dreaming—it would be nice if any text selected in the program could be right-clicked for a context menu including Copy. Or since that may be the only applicable command, maybe just another variable for 'Selected text'.) It could default to the MRU.

• The same items as variables that can be used in addition to '%s' in the Web Search itself. That would be useful for searches that will work with only one specific variable (e.g., a site that can find a movie using the IMDb tt#, a local program that can take the video pathname as a command line parameter, loading Clipboard into a text editor). Or general purpose Google-like searches that might be the best choice for things like 'Selected text'.

Offline leogets

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 01:29:23 pm »
What happened to the Tools menue and Preferences, this is\was a one stop place to configure everything?
What happened to the Play button (and area to configure which video player to use; or does it just look at the ending .avi; .mkv, .org, .mp4 and use what ever player I assigned to play these files)?  I still miss this Play button.

The reason I would like to set Web Search to Title is because again, this is a one stop place where; if I go back to where I found the movie at, instead of IMDB, I not only get the IMDB url, but I can also get the cover image which sometimes are missing, I can first high-light the Title, the text in the Web Search box to copy it, then hit the the Web Search button, find the link on the google site, then go to it, first find the image\cover poster right-click to save it, then find the IMDB url, copy and paste it into the url section for the movie data and then use the Get IMDB Data button.  If the picture\poster is missing I already have it saved to put in.

I like option #1;
A drop-down list of relevant fields to choose from (Title, Original Title, AKA, Series, Studio, Director, first 3 Actors, IMDb tt#, File Path, etc.). Plus a very useful one: 'Clipboard'. (While I'm dreaming—it would be nice if any text selected in the program could be right-clicked for a context menu including Copy. Or since that may be the only applicable command, maybe just another variable for 'Selected text'.) It could default to the MRU.
Hope you choose to implement this in the beta release.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 09:36:28 pm »
What happened to the Tools menue and Preferences

Any commands not included in the new tab bar remain in the menu on the title bar. And you can still add icons to the toolbar for things like Preferences and commonly-used commands.

The Play command has never done anything more than 'open' whatever is in [File Path]. Files are played according to their Windows associations.

Hope you choose to implement this in the beta release.

It's not my choice to make. If I had to choose one option, it would be the second. I could then specify whatever parameters a search needs, and pretty much forget about the search box. It's primary purpose would be to confirm the parameter to be passed for the selected search.

Offline leogets

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 11:51:29 pm »
If I had to choose one option, it would be the second.
I cannot see this helping... My problem and I would guess others as well is simple.  When no data can be found under the Title given for a movie; when scanned through IMDB, "Nothing" is entered in as text for a web search period. It has nothing really to do with where to search.  I don't want to have to use the keyboard. I use my mouse only for I use the TV as my main monitor the actual pc is 8ft away from the t.v. In order to put text into this search box its already a couple of steps to do with a mouse. and the same thing is still happening with this version. When no data can be found for a movie Nothing is entered as criteria to search for. so; How can I search where-ever if nothing is put in there?
The only problem I can see with v0.9.9.21 is the above and it is still not resolved in this beta version.

Thanks for your input though; I see by right-clicking on the toolbar and choosing Edit, I could add all the icons I had prior.
Thank you.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 01:57:22 am »
I cannot see this helping...

Then you don't understand the suggestion. If you don't even have to paste anything into the box, it has to be easier to use.

Offline oenghus

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2012, 12:04:41 pm »
Looks like a problem with AddImageURL in scripts woth 1.0.2.3.beta.

http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php/topic,3197.20.html

Thanks

Offline eeo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2012, 08:58:31 am »
Hi All

Thanks for the best programme out there, I started using this version straight away and the only problem I seem to be getting is when I import series/Episodes  it does not show the full name of the file.

I have tried it various ways and imported the series info first and all the names are correct but then when I import the video files it overwrites the original episode name.

File is named : Fringe - 05x02 - In Absentia
Import name  : Fringe - 05x02 - In

This is the file naming format I use

Thanks for your help

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2012, 09:29:09 am »
Welcome.

You have to configure the scanner (Preferences > File Scanner), providing regex for matching your file naming pattern. For exactly that pattern, this will work:

(?P<title>.*) - (?P<season>[0-9]{2})x(?P<episode>[0-9]{2}) - (?P<eptitle>.*)

Offline eeo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 09:54:38 am »
Many thanks for the quick reply

Works a treat

nobvn

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 03:42:21 am »
Hi All.

Firstly, thank you for the great program!

I recently update to version beta 1.2.3 and found a error message like this in "Actor" field
<head>
        <script Type="text/Javascript">var IMDbTimer={starttime: New Date().getTime(),Pt:'java'};</Script>

, <head>
        <script Type="text/Javascript">var IMDbTimer={starttime: New Date().getTime(),Pt:'java'};</Script>
Anyone have the same problem???

Thank for your help.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2013, 12:47:48 pm »
The issue is solved with the plugin version 0.9.8.11

nobvn

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2013, 12:56:02 am »
The issue is solved with the plugin version 0.9.8.11

Thank you Mr.nostra so much. The problem is solved!