Author Topic: IMDB(en) Plugin Problem  (Read 4505 times)

Offline Zeratul

• View Profile
IMDB(en) Plugin Problem
« on: January 09, 2012, 04:19:39 pm »
Hello, this was my 1st post here and to be honest, PVD was the 1st video catalog i've used and it really provided all what i'm looking for..

But there's a little problem..

Recently i've noticed a problem regarding IMDB. When i visit it on my web browser like www.imdb.com, i can easily connect, however, when i visit it like imdb.com (no www), it will took me a few minutes before i can connect, around 5 to 20 minutes. Then i can connect normally for just a few minutes, and then it's hard to connect again..

This problem also applies with PVD, most of the times, it's will stuck connecting at imdb.com when ever i'm trying to download a movie information, and will throw a Socket Error #10054.

It's supposed to re-direct at www.imdb.com whenever we visit imdb.com (without www), but there might be a redirection problem. Maybe it's IMDB's fault or our ISP's fault here in our country.

Sometimes PVD are able to connect to IMDB for a few minutes, and then it's blocked again.. it's just annoying..

Ok my point is to the developer/author of the imdb.dll plugin for PVD, instead of connecting to imdb.com, is it possible to set the address to www.imdb.com (with www)?

If yes through configuration, how?

if not, can you make it?  :P, i know i'm a bit demanding, but for me, when these simple problems are fixed, PVD will be perfect..

if i've violated some rules, please just inform me or edit my post..

Thanks!!

-Chris

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: IMDB(en) Plugin Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 04:36:55 pm »
It is easy to implement and should not do any harm, so I'll add this to the next plugin version.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline Zeratul

• View Profile
Re: IMDB(en) Plugin Problem
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 03:36:46 am »
Thank You very much sir!  :)