Author Topic: SQL - Package - Import media data  (Read 5292 times)

Offline goddert

• User
    • View Profile
SQL - Package - Import media data
« on: January 19, 2012, 10:27:12 am »
Hello,

attached you'll find a link to a package of scripts and SQL-procedures which I developed to read video, audio and subtitle information from movie files and import these information into PVD with help of the database interface.

Motivation of this package was the current limitations of the mediainfo.dll and ffmpeg bundled with PVD.
Unfortunately ffmpeg doesn't read always the correct informations from a movie file (it isn't neither its scope). Also mediainfo.dll (being an older version) doesn't get always the correct info. For various reasons in the end I approached the problem using the database interface.

The package mainly uses SQL-procedures, mediainfo (command line version), awk and some script.
It is possible to process a great number of movie files in one run (I tested it with more than thousand files) and update the database.

I don't know whether someone is interested but I wanted to share it anyway. If you are, I invite you to read the included Readme.txt. Additionally all procedures and scripts are well documented.

Obviously if anyone has questions I'm here to answer them.

Thanks

Link to Mediainfo Import  package: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?urkbmezi2z1wuk5

Offline jiminy

• View Profile
Re: SQL - Package - Import media data
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 12:26:40 am »
Thanks,  :)

Jiminy

anything