Author Topic: How do you add a season of dvd's  (Read 3684 times)

Offline MrBiggz

• View Profile
How do you add a season of dvd's
« on: January 23, 2012, 08:53:24 pm »
Greetings!

I've been at this one for a the better half of a week.  I have a box set for the season of a TV show and I can't for the likes of me get them into PVD right.  Is there a trick to it? 

When I encoded the video I broke it down into individual episodes.  That kinda made sense but I'm not seeing how to add the season.

Thanks for any help with this, it is appreciated!

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: How do you add a season of dvd's
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 09:55:18 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

Starting from scratch, there are different ways such a thing can be done. I'll assume you've already added the series and it's episodes to your database using an import plugin (e.g., IMDb,  TVDb). If your DVD has been ripped so each episode is in a separate file, the next step is to associate those files with they're respective episode records. Just so you know, that can be done manually—by entering the [File Path] for each. But the easier way is to use Tools > Scan folders... to do the same thing automatically. For that to work, your files have to be named according to some consistent pattern that includes the series name, season and episode number (e.g., Series title S01 E01.mkv). Then your configuration (at Preferences > File Scanner) must include a Regular Expression that matches that pattern (e.g., (?i)^.*\\(?P<title>.*)(s|\b)(?P<season>[0-9]{1,2}) ?e(?P<episode>[0-9]{2,3})). I don't expect you to understand the latter, but have a look and try to determine if that's the problem. Also, let us know what file name pattern you're using.

anything