Author Topic: Could not load skin: pvd_imdb_theme_eng.xml  (Read 10170 times)

Offline Morgenstern72

• User
    • View Profile
Could not load skin: pvd_imdb_theme_eng.xml
« on: January 22, 2012, 09:50:25 pm »
Right after my last update this error occurs every time I start (see picture)

Version 0.9.9.21 portable

[attachment deleted by admin]
PVD 1.0.2.7
Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Could not load skin: pvd_imdb_theme_eng.xml
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 11:16:31 pm »
Right after my last update this error occurs every time I start (see picture)

Version 0.9.9.21 portable

Thank you for your feedback. Yes, this is error, I apologize for this error. The error was discovered and corrected properly. Corrected skin is uploaded and available via the system for automatic update.
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

Offline Morgenstern72

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 09:54:13 am »
The problem is, I can not use the update anymore, it's broken too right after the last update: http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php?topic=3092.new;topicseen#new
PVD 1.0.2.7
Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 12:23:51 pm »
The problem is, I can not use the update anymore, it's broken too right after the last update: http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php?topic=3092.new;topicseen#new

Try to download again from the download page to download Version 0.9.9.21 portable and unzip into a new folder, probably it should work.
Ivek23

Offline Morgenstern72

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 09:49:29 pm »
Finally it works again :)

Unzipping over the previous folder did not work. I had to delete the whole folder and then install new. What I do not get: it found the database wihtout asking me. The database resides outside of the application folder. How is this possible? Since I use the portable version there should not be an ini file or something in the registry stored!?
PVD 1.0.2.7
Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 03:00:50 am »
What I do not get: it found the database wihtout asking me. The database resides outside of the application folder. How is this possible?

Did you start it with the portable.bat file provided, or by other means use the -portable command line switch? If so, it should have created a new pvdconfig.ini and empty database in the installation folder.

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 08:30:51 am »
Finally it works again :)

Unzipping over the previous folder did not work. I had to delete the whole folder and then install new. What I do not get: it found the database wihtout asking me. The database resides outside of the application folder. How is this possible? Since I use the portable version there should not be an ini file or something in the registry stored!?

If using a portable version, it does not mean that nothing is stored in the registry.
If you have PVD start with viddb.exe, these data are linked to pvdconfig.ini, which is for example in the following folder:
C: \ Documents and Settings \ Administrator \ Application Data \ Personal Video Database (Administrator - in my case is called so, this folder can also be called otherwise).
If you run the PVD as stated by rick.ca
What I do not get: it found the database wihtout asking me. The database resides outside of the application folder. How is this possible?

Did you start it with the portable.bat file provided, or by other means use the -portable command line switch? If so, it should have created a new pvdconfig.ini and empty database in the installation folder.
or this AutoIt script (alternative to portable.bat)[viddb_p.exe], these data are linked to pvdconfig.ini in the installation folder.
Ivek23

Offline Morgenstern72

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 08:10:16 pm »

There is no portable.bat after installation...?
PVD 1.0.2.7
Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Offline Morgenstern72

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 08:14:01 pm »
If using a portable version, it does not mean that nothing is stored in the registry.
If you have PVD start with viddb.exe, these data are linked to pvdconfig.ini, which is for example in the following folder:
C: \ Documents and Settings \ Administrator \ Application Data \ Personal Video Database (Administrator - in my case is called so, this folder can also be called otherwise).

I am complete lost now.
There is no pvdconfig.ini in any of my profile folders (windows 7) and not in the local installation folder. Still the application did know where my DB is after deleting the install folder and reinstall.

And why on earth would a portable version of an application store anything on the computer? The complete mean of a portable version is to have it portable and do not depend on anything being stored in any other location than in the intall dir.

:(
PVD 1.0.2.7
Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 08:39:43 pm »
There is no pvdconfig.ini in any of my profile folders (windows 7) and not in the local installation folder.
For Windows 7 I do not know how and what is there, because it does not yet I use. Will know the one which is already using Windows 7.
Ivek23

Offline Morgenstern72

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2012, 10:29:16 pm »
Will know the one which is already using Windows 7.

[offtopic]
Already? It's 2 1/2 year on the market and XP is now 12 years old :D
[/offtopic]
PVD 1.0.2.7
Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2012, 11:35:03 pm »
Will know the one which is already using Windows 7.

[offtopic]
Already? It's 2 1/2 year on the market and XP is now 12 years old :D
[/offtopic]

I apologize if I made a little awkwardly expressed and I might even offend someone with this, but I wanted to say in the sense that I do not have money to buy Windows 7 .
Ivek23

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 02:30:07 am »
I am complete lost now.

If you can't follow directions or have the good sense not to insult those giving them, maybe that's where you belong. ::)

Offline Data1001

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 10:13:18 pm »

I am complete lost now.
There is no pvdconfig.ini in any of my profile folders (windows 7) and not in the local installation folder. Still the application did know where my DB is after deleting the install folder and reinstall.

The name of the file is not "pvdconfig.ini", but rather "pvdconf.ini" -- and it does indeed get stored in the installation folder. (I am also running Windows 7 -- in my case, the 64-bit version, which means that my installation folder is under "Program Files (x86)".)

And why on earth would a portable version of an application store anything on the computer? The complete mean of a portable version is to have it portable and do not depend on anything being stored in any other location than in the intall dir.
That's exactly what this does -- for a portable version that you are using in its strictest sense, you would be running it off a flash drive or other external drive, yes? And so your installation directory/folder would be on that external drive -- and that's where the configuration file is stored. Thus, "portable".  ;)  The "-portable" switch does not know or care where you've installed that version of PVD, it just knows to save the configuration file in the same folder from where you are running it -- whether that is an external drive or your computer's hard drive.

Hope that helps to clear things up!

anything