Author Topic: Do you also have problems to log in when using IMDB plugin?  (Read 5715 times)

Offline JVD

• View Profile
Do you also have problems to log in when using IMDB plugin?
« on: March 09, 2012, 12:50:41 pm »
Hi all,

I would like to verify my findings with the PVD community. Since yesterday i have problems when using the IMDB plugin. PVD 0.9.9.21 with the latest IMDB plugin starts at logging in into IMDB. Sometimes it succeeds but mostly not. Then PVD crashes and have to kill it with the task manager. When I log in into IMDB on Internet Explorer I don't experience problems at all.

I would like to verify if this is a common problem or if I am the only one having problems since nobody reported anything.

Kind regards,

Jan
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 11:46:32 pm by JVD »

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Do you also have problems to log in when using IMDB plugin?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 11:18:41 pm »
I works for me now, but I don't normally log in. I believe it's only required for "adult" content. What happens if you remove the login from the plugin configuration?

Offline JVD

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 10:47:30 pm »
I've tried to remove the log in. Still the PVD gets into a not responding status. Then I tried to install PVD on another computer with an empty database and still it doesn't work the same way it responded a week ago. With a bit of luck I get one movie imported after 5 minutes but mostly it also gets the not responding status.

I logged in with my credentials because in my IMDB preferenced I defined to start with the combined page of a movie. When logging in this page was downloaded.

I enter the URL in the URL field and then use import. For more than a year it worked without problems. When I paste the URL in Firefox or IE8 the page loads imediately.

1st computer
Db: 0.9.9.21

2n computer
Db: 0.9.9.21

Offline Marioo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 12:36:05 am »
I have the same problem since month or two. I've tried put new title to the database and when I clicked "Go" there's only "Logging in..." in the bottom bar and PVD is frozen and unresponsive (I haven't an account on IMDB, so I don't have a set it in PVD). Then I must kill the process with the task manager. My PVD version is 0.9.9.21 and OS is Win XP SP3. I didn't install any other programs, I didn't change any settings in the system or PVD. Everything worked well and just stopped one day and still doesn't work. Reinstall PVD does not help

The strange thing is, that I have another computer and everything almost is fine, program works (0.9.9.21, Win XP SP2), but sometimes has the same symptoms like my first computer, but very rarely.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 12:27:22 am »
Could you start PVD in debug mode , using -debug command line parameter and post the contents of the file log.txt in your PVD directory after reproducing the problem.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

anything