Author Topic: SQL error -104 token unknown  (Read 5503 times)

Offline goddert

• User
    • View Profile
SQL error -104 token unknown
« on: March 20, 2012, 11:38:05 am »
Hi,

I tried the advanced search on a custom field (checkbox).

The Advanced Search box offers the following values (only -1 - take a look at the first screenshot).

If I press Ok PVD presents the following message box with the error described in the subject. I tested it with a new created database.

Looking in the firebird FAQ I found the following advice. Maybe it can help to resolve the mystery.

http://www.firebirdfaq.org/faq184/

This is 1.0.2.2 Beta

I didn't find an already reported bug for this error in the forum. If I shall deliver further information tell me.

Thanks

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: SQL error -104 token unknown
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 12:05:27 pm »
Works for me. Do you have any other filters or grouping on?
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline goddert

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 12:18:53 pm »
Nope. New database with 2 records. One custom field (checkbox).All created on purpose after I saw this message with my regular db. No pvdconf.ini (although I don't believe it matters) Connected by file (not server). Windows 64
I don't know what else could matter. I can not avoid this message. In other words currently I can't search for custom fields. Maybe later I'll do a test with 0.9x

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 11:53:34 pm »
Still, can't reproduce that. Can you post the exact steps to reproduce the problem with a new database?
Post some screenshots as well, if possible.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline goddert

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 07:58:18 am »
I created a screenmovie to illustrate the steps until the error. You can download it at the link below. It is a zip file. Inside you'll find an exe (it's about 1MB and it is not a virus :) which you can simply start to see the the movie. To extend it to the original resolution press the little square in the right below. There should be no problem to visualize the video I use it often (let me know if not).

I created a new database (no pvdconf.ini in the beginning) and inserted/downloaded two movies. These steps I didn't record because there was really nothing special. The movie starts where I create a custom field checkbox. Then I checked this box for one movie, changed between the two movies to let you see that it is checked only for one. Then I start to open the advanced search etc. until you see the error.

This time the error (and the video) was created on a XPSP3 32bit system, always v1.0.2.2.
Let me know if these infos are enough or if I should do other steps to make you reproduce it better. If you want I can send you the test database.

BTW: Downloading the infos from IMDB for the two movies I saw the famous No movies found! error although it downloaded all infos correctly. The IMDB plugin was the latest version (updated this morning). Let me know if I shall investigate further.

http://www.mediafire.com/?f5mwy0m6c4nesql