Author Topic: Loading Pics  (Read 10470 times)

Offline dekiscool

• User
    • View Profile
Loading Pics
« on: March 22, 2012, 01:30:57 pm »
I am fairly new to PVD...but thus far I am very impressed...having tried many other database programs. Anyways, I have been loading my movies in...which will be a real feat since I have almost 1400...and I wasn't able to import any of the CSV, Ant Movie or MS Excel files I had. I was doing very well inputting my movies, until this morning when suddenly, PVD stopped getting the movie posters/pics. It downloads all the other info just about...but then when it goes to get the pic, it says "No Movie Found :(". And these are regular popular movies. So what is going on here?? I really don't want to have to take time to start searching for these pics. I even tried other site options when you go to search for/add a movie...I tried all the Amazons and the IMPawards. Still same result. Anyone else having issues? Thanks.

Offline goddert

• User
    • View Profile
Re: Loading Pics
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 02:04:40 pm »
Without an example movie it is difficult for us to verify the problem. Could you please name a movie where it doesn't work (maybe the imdb URL)

BTW:
Did you know that you can also import the images in one go selecting several movies and using the import function?

If you have an export of your old images you could also try the method mentioned in this thread:
http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php?topic=1734.0

In the beginning I did it this way and it worked quite well. Given 1400 movies maybe it is an option.

I don't want criticize your achievement of inserting 1400 movies :) but maybe it would have been easier asking for help why the conversion (import/export) from Ant Movie didn't work out. Usually it is not a big problem. At least for the basic data like the URLS. Afterwards you could have made anyway an update of all movies with the import function. At least you could have spare yourself a long night  ::)

Offline dekiscool

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 02:21:22 pm »
Well I don't have all 1400 on there yet...lol...only 91 thus far. So there may be some options.

Ok...so I got to As Good As It Gets ...1997...Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt....and it didn't load the pic. Also Arthur and the Invisibles and Assault on Precinct 13 2005 version. here is the IMDB url for As Good As It Gets...it has a poster...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119822/

Hopefully this will help? I really don't want to have to uninstall/reinstall or anything. I even tried closing the program and restarting it...didn't help. I shut down the computer and restarted...didn't help either.

Offline dekiscool

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 02:30:14 pm »
Ok...so I switched over to the filmup_poster choice and that seems to work to get the poster. so far so good...maybe amazon has something going on?

Offline dekiscool

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 03:21:15 pm »
I just tried to export my list from Ant Movie Catalog and import it to PVD...it sat there like it was doing it, but then nothing. Just has the same movies I have already put in with nothing imported at all. I tried to import from an Excel file...which sort of worked, but it only gave the numbers of the movie and no info. So I did the mass import under import and it seemed to get the info from the imdb site...except...it didn't change the name of the movie from a number to a name. So I would have to go back and redo the whole thing over again. I mean it may be a hair quicker to upload all like that and then just go through them...but it is a pain in the arse....any ideas?

Offline iceblue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 03:30:35 pm »
i have same problem... "No movies found :( "

i think is a problem with PVD. i have all updated...

the movies is http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102945/ , http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1053810/

Offline dekiscool

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 03:39:06 pm »
Just tried Sleeping With The Enemy...It finds all the movie info just about...but when it tries to get the pic...you get "No Movie Found" so you have go dl a pic and enter it manually. Even the filmup_poster site doesn't all all the movie posters...it gives a list of what they think it may be...but it sometimes isnt any of them

Offline goddert

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 03:50:40 pm »
@dekiscool/iceblue
With IMDB the import of the poster worked for some movie or didn't it work at all?
With As Good As It Gets for me it works. Did you check the corrisponding flags in the configuration options of the IMDB Plugin? See screenshot

For amazon or IMP_Awards it didn't neither work for me (although the movie exists on both sites) so I ask Rick or nostra who know better the involved plugins. I don't use these plugins so I don't know.

@dekiscool
Did you read the following post before trying an import with Excel?
http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php?topic=2128.0
Did you install the ant movie import plugin to import an export of Ant Movie? Sorry you must be a bit more specific how you did the import. Never forget we are not on side so we don't know what you did in particular.

Offline iceblue

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 04:02:28 pm »
goddert, i checked now like in your screenshot and now working. thanks

P.S until today i didn't make any changes in the options and worked very good.

Offline dekiscool

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 04:59:46 pm »
Ok...So the little screen shot thing you send with the config and checking box worked. However, when I go to add a movie, I still get the "No Movie Found" error, but when I close that box, the pic is there. So that is all good.

As for importing from Ant Movie...I made the .amc file....and I opened PVD...and went to the import button at the top of PVD. I went down to "GET movies from Ant Movie Catalog. I click the file I want and hit Open. At the bottom of PVD it says "Importing Files...please wait.". I wait a bit...and then PVD "blinks" like it is done, only it didn't add anything. I have the AMC.dll file...not sure what else to do?

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 09:00:15 pm »
The IMPawards plugin hasn't worked in at least a year. I don't know why it's getting no love. The Amazon plugins were fixed not so long ago. I don't know what the problem is now, but I don't really care. It's posters aren't significantly better than those already available at IMDb. I explained here why I believe modifying TMDb plugin to get just the default poster (instead of all of them) would be the best solution for posters. Since the time available to maintain poster plugins is obviously limited, I think it would better to spend it on TMDb and abandon the rest.

I wait a bit...and then PVD "blinks" like it is done, only it didn't add anything.

The AMC plugin works fine for me. It's not very fast, so 1400 movies would take a while. In testing, it did stop to ask about a duplicate movie, which seemed odd since I was importing to an empty database. But when I answered that dialog, it finished and displayed the results. Is it possible the same happened to you, but the dialog was hidden behind the main window? Also, did you check the plugin configuration to ensure the fields were properly mapped? This could also have been the problem with the Excel and CSV plugins.

Offline dekiscool

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 12:36:23 am »
Well I didn't do all 1400. I just did the "B"'s section which was 100 or so...if that. It did ask me about duplicates...however, it wasn't odd since I have two movies called "Black Sheep". But then nothing happened when it was done. Just the same movies which I had already added manually. The one that seemed to work...somewhat is the MS Excel file. At least it added stuff. But it wasn't enough that it would help versus adding them manually.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 11:59:09 am »
The one that seemed to work...somewhat is the MS Excel file. At least it added stuff. But it wasn't enough that it would help versus adding them manually.

CSV and Excel import plugins also work—if configured properly.

Offline dekiscool

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 03:36:13 pm »
To a certain extent, the Excel files have worked...but I still have to go back and fix stuff after. Some will come up just as the ID number while others will have the correct title. So I am just going letter by letter. So B...then C...etc. The CSV files don't import at all. Not sure what is up with that.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2012, 07:39:44 pm »
If you believe you've configured the plugins correctly, please post a sample of each type of file.

Offline dekiscool

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 01:12:36 am »

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2012, 07:58:33 am »
I was unable to load your AMC file—probably for the same reason as you. Without AMC installed, I'm unable to investigate further.

Both your XLS and CSV files have blank rows separating records, and fields/columns that have no match in a default PVD file. When those were deleted and the plugin configuration completed to match the remaining fields, the XLS import worked fine. I didn't try, but I'm sure the CSV would as well.

Offline dekiscool

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2012, 12:44:15 pm »
The funny thing is...the CSV file didn't work for me either. Did pretty much what the AMC file did..only faster. I would click the Get Movies From CSV File and in 2 seconds or so, the program would blink like it was done and nothing was added. I will try your idea of deleting the blank rows though. See what happens. Thanks for the help!