English > Changelogs

1.0.2.3 Beta

<< < (2/4) > >>

FrankTheTank:
Are the zip or 7z archives portable or do we have to wait for a portable version? Just curious since 0.9.9.21 had a portable apps installer :)

nostra:
You can always start PVD with -portable command line parameter. There is no portable apps installer at this moment.

leogets:
There is no icon in the Web Search section to initiate it.   Entering in some text then hitting enter does not work.
How are you suppose to use web search?

There are no pop-up remarks attached to the three (3) icons prior to Import:
so what are these icons (for or what do they do)?

I would also like to know if when fixed, the Web Search will be able to be monified in the settings to except and Display either the Original Title of the Movie, (which it is now set too in v0.9.9.21 and that which cannot be changed) or Just the Title you have given for this movie. A selection in settings.  Having this option will enable users like myself to always be able to do a web search at\from the place where I orginally found this movie. Thiis is especially useful when it comes to those movies when scanned and no data on IMDB's site can be found.  If I selected to Use Title when it came to displaying text in the Web Search box then it would always to possible to search from where I found the movie to get the IMDB url for this movie. Currently in v0.9.9.21 if no data is found for a movie, then there is No text at all present in the Web Seach box; you have to be either at the keyboard so you can highlight the Title of the movie and then hit "ctrl+C" to be able to copy and paste it into the Web Search box or Type it in the Web Search box or just use the mouse to double-click on the movie title so you can edit it and then high-light the movie title then right-click to select to copy and then right-click and again to paste it into the web search box... This is alot of work; whereas if Title was displayable in the web search engine instead of the Original Title it would make it that much easier to do a web search. This should be a individual preference and a selectable option in the settings for the Web Search criteria to be used.   

Ok, so tried to use it a little bit more.  When I selected Web on the top menue, The Web Search section disappeared selecting it once more, made it reappear and this time with the Icon to be able to use it.

By the way, where are the Preferences menu item where I can enter or change specific options?
Where is the Play Icon?
How or where do you select which of your vidoeo players to use to play the movies? 
I cannot Play any of the movies without opening the containing folder and then double-click on the movie to play it. Correction, I can also right-click on the Movie Title in the left hand column and select Play from the menue.
Where or how do you select or change the Skin?
All of these were found under Tools\Preferences in v0.9.9.21 but cannot be found in this new beta.

rick.ca:

--- Quote ---There is no icon in the Web Search section to initiate it.
--- End quote ---

There should be a globe icon to the right of the text box.

--- Quote ---There are no pop-up remarks attached to the three (3) icons prior to Import:
so what are these icons (for or what do they do)?
--- End quote ---

They're all 'favourites'. The first two are for movie info and poster. I suppose the other two are for covers, but I don't have any cover plugins.

--- Quote ---If I selected to Use Title when it came to displaying text in the Web Search box then it would always to possible to search from where I found the movie to get the IMDB url for this movie.
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. If a title exists at the IMDb, why not just run the plugin? If the plugin search fails, then a Web Search of the IMDb using the same title will too—they use the same search.

But I agree there should be some way to use search terms other than [Title]. There are two ways that could be done that would be more versatile than an options setting. The ultimate solution would be to provide both:

* A drop-down list of relevant fields to choose from (Title, Original Title, AKA, Series, Studio, Director, first 3 Actors, IMDb tt#, File Path, etc.). Plus a very useful one: 'Clipboard'. (While I'm dreaming—it would be nice if any text selected in the program could be right-clicked for a context menu including Copy. Or since that may be the only applicable command, maybe just another variable for 'Selected text'.) It could default to the MRU.

* The same items as variables that can be used in addition to '%s' in the Web Search itself. That would be useful for searches that will work with only one specific variable (e.g., a site that can find a movie using the IMDb tt#, a local program that can take the video pathname as a command line parameter, loading Clipboard into a text editor). Or general purpose Google-like searches that might be the best choice for things like 'Selected text'.

leogets:
What happened to the Tools menue and Preferences, this is\was a one stop place to configure everything?
What happened to the Play button (and area to configure which video player to use; or does it just look at the ending .avi; .mkv, .org, .mp4 and use what ever player I assigned to play these files)?  I still miss this Play button.

The reason I would like to set Web Search to Title is because again, this is a one stop place where; if I go back to where I found the movie at, instead of IMDB, I not only get the IMDB url, but I can also get the cover image which sometimes are missing, I can first high-light the Title, the text in the Web Search box to copy it, then hit the the Web Search button, find the link on the google site, then go to it, first find the image\cover poster right-click to save it, then find the IMDB url, copy and paste it into the url section for the movie data and then use the Get IMDB Data button.  If the picture\poster is missing I already have it saved to put in.

I like option #1;

--- Quote ---A drop-down list of relevant fields to choose from (Title, Original Title, AKA, Series, Studio, Director, first 3 Actors, IMDb tt#, File Path, etc.). Plus a very useful one: 'Clipboard'. (While I'm dreaming—it would be nice if any text selected in the program could be right-clicked for a context menu including Copy. Or since that may be the only applicable command, maybe just another variable for 'Selected text'.) It could default to the MRU.

--- End quote ---
Hope you choose to implement this in the beta release.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version