Author Topic: Episode Title Problems  (Read 4805 times)

Offline thomaseo1

• View Profile
Episode Title Problems
« on: April 08, 2012, 01:45:09 pm »
I love this application but am having extreme frustrations with Episode titles. Specifically I am unable to get full episode titles as title for each episode. Problem starts from "scan folders for new movies/changed paths etc..."  I'll get series title correct as well as season number but episode title comes out to be only the first word typically "the". I have tried having plugins find and replace the episode titles, but it comes back giving the episode title to the "Original Title" section. For example most of my files look like this.
G:\My Videos\TV Shows\Birds of Prey [2002]\Season 1\Birds of Prey - 1X13 - Devil's Eyes.mpg
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0312098
All I get is "ID" 0, "Title" Devil, under the tree of "Birds of Prey" "Season 1" (Sometimes) "13. Devil".  Where obviously the episodes title it is not "Devil", but "Devil's Eyes".

In order to get any show information I currently need to select each episode title while updating from plugins one episode at a time this takes forever and I've spent about 6 hours trying to solve this problem with regexp that does not change anything. I even tried making sure it wasn't my settings by deleting pvdconf.ini and restarting.

Any help as to what I can do to fix this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 01:47:57 pm by thomaseo1 »

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Episode Title Problems
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 11:26:48 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

The following works for the example given...

Code: [Select]
(?i)^.*\\(?P<title>.*) - (s|\b)(?P<season>[0-9]{1,2})x(?P<episode>[0-9]{2,3}) - (?P<eptitle>.*)\..{3,4}
If filenames vary from that form, you may have to revise this so it's more flexible, or add another regex to match the exceptions.

In order to get any show information I currently need to select each episode title while updating from plugins one episode at a time

There may still be problems if the episode names are incorrect, but you may select any number of episodes within a season and run a plugin. You may find it more effective to update a season before running the file scanner. All the scanner has to do then is match the files to the episode information already imported. If you choose to use that approach, I recommend updating the series record with TVDb before doing anything else. That will add all the seasons and known episodes to date—with correct titles. That makes it easier for the scanner to match files and for another plugin like IMDb to match episodes.