Author Topic: Creating Search strings/plug-ins for other sites  (Read 4973 times)

Offline chase

• User
    • View Profile
Creating Search strings/plug-ins for other sites
« on: May 15, 2012, 07:53:31 pm »
Hey all,

I noticed all the search strings are different per site and all are plug-ins

I understand the %U and so on but how does one figure out the rest of the string that is needed for a particular site?
Do you go to the site an manually do a search and look at the string to get the correct search string or...???

Is there a help page that explains creating a search string or plugin for PVD that I can read up on as well?

I ask about the search string creation for creating search plug-ins for other sites since I have a couple databases that are for my tuts ready to try an online search for the info.

tia for any help with this.
chase

PS - The problem I was having with my regular movie search was solved by PVD itself. I'm using a different comp today and once connected it imediatly let me know of 19 updates - once updated it's filling in the data and getting posters real nice!

This thing is bad to the bone guys - it is soo..o cool. This is all new to me - I love how it fills in all the blanks.
hang on - I feel some happy feet needing to do a happy dance! lol

Now if i can get it to do this for my tutorials - Man you guys/ PVD would take the net by storm.
Seriously - Who wouldn't want this for their tuts...?!
For every college student on the planet - or home study person... with PVD able to scan any media type... it's a must have!

I'm totally psyc'd to get it cranking for my tuts. Till then... happy feet dance for it working on my movies.!!

oh i did get a "Added to {$list_name}" in one title in the Discription area - don't know what it means but thought you should know.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 09:01:21 pm by chase »

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Creating Search strings/plug-ins for other sites
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 09:50:03 pm »

Offline chase

• User
    • View Profile
Re: Creating Search strings/plug-ins for other sites
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 06:13:15 pm »
See Web search.

Hey thanx rick
- it seems from a quick scan of the thread it is not as easy as one might think for some websites. Deffinitly have to give that a thorough read.

Thanx again