Author Topic: couple more... Issues found  (Read 4083 times)

Offline chase

• User
    • View Profile
couple more... Issues found
« on: May 21, 2012, 11:16:01 pm »
v9.9.21 - All modes all versions
happens in all db's including the DB is of just plain old dvds (vobs) 
Windows XP

File IDs are not correct: I'm using the internal hyperlink for ID's and discovered that the IDs showing in the list are not the same as the actual ID's...

I tried to Re-Index all ID's - which did do just that - at least the list shows it so. However - the IDs are still not the same as what shows in the list.

It starts out one or two off and the higher in the list I go - the farther and farther off they are. I did a trial and error to find the correct ID numbers - till finally the farther up the list - I can't find them.

For instance what shows in the list as ID 66 is actually ID 103 or ID 20 is actually ID 23.

All movies are visable - except one or two which are episodes - I thought this might be the issue but it starts going off by 60 or more digits so... I don't know.

Crashes and deletes the db every once and a while upon opening.Don't know why - the db is fine - close it down and next time I open PVD - it errors out and POOF!
Deletes the whole db... freaked me out the first time but it happened again today with a new db i created.

It does I guess as a failsafe create a <database name>.pvd.old file
Deleting the ".old" and the pvd will open as should with out issue.

PVD does not like the word Script or Scripps or anything like it - it deletes Scripts to "ts" or Scripps to "ps" always taking out the "scrip" portion of the word.

Just letting you know...
if you have a cure for what ails it... it'd be nice.
(especially the ID's issue, at least for now, since i could really use that feature.)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 11:23:09 pm by chase »

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: couple more... Issues found
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 01:13:14 am »
Please use separate topics for different issues. In this case, it doesn't really matter because you're not clear enough or haven't provided enough information that anyone could help.

• [ID] is a user field (i.e., not downloaded from some external source). You can assign one yourself, or let the program assign one sequentially (or re-index it). I have no idea what you're comparing it to or on what basis you're deciding it's incorrect.

• I've never heard of this one. I assume this is a crash with no error message. Are you sure the database has been deleted, or is the program just looking in the wrong place?

• Deletes from where? When doing what?

anything