Author Topic: No info showing  (Read 4777 times)

Offline simpletown

• View Profile
No info showing
« on: June 07, 2012, 04:52:17 am »
I've been working on this for a few hours now and I'd just like some help... ;)

I've imported all of my movies from my HDD several times, using different information grabbing plugins.  Each time results in the same issue.  Every single one is found on IMDB, but none of the information ever appears in my preview windows.  Shows the title, year, date added, and imdb url (which is correct), but nothing else.  Checked settings, and their told to show everything.  When I go to edit, no information is there.  New to the program, what should I be looking for.

Also - CANNOT get a covers plugin installed.  Downloaded every single one, put in the appropriate folder, and none are available.  Posters do not download either, as every plugin I try says Movie not found.

Version 0.9.9.21
Win 7 Ultimate 64.

Thank you so much!!!

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: No info showing
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 08:12:23 am »
Welcome.

Use Help > Check for updates to ensure you have the latest version of all plugins (particularly the IMDb plugin).

I don't think there are any working cover plugins. Most cover sites are better accessed via the Web Search feature anyway (because you need the site to select the cover).

I think the only poster plugin still working is TMDb. That's not so bad, as it currently has the best quality posters anyway. Unfortunately, it only gets all the posters available for a movie (as does the TMDb movie information plugin). That doesn't work so well, as popular movies can have a dozen or more fairly high resolution (the standard being 1000 x 1500) posters. I prefer to run the movie information plugin without the option to get posters, then use the resulting URL to go to the site and choose the poster I want. That works fine when adding one or a few movies, but not when you have hundreds of movies to update. I wish the plugin were modified to get only the default poster—so we could allow it to do that automatically. If we want more, or to look for a better one, we can always visit the site.

The beta version uses the same plugins, but includes a new feature very useful for collecting images. Images on the clipboard can be pasted directly to an image container. For getting one image at a time, visiting the source and copying the desired image is arguably more effective than using a plugin. Unfortunately, the cover and disc containers aren't yet working, but hopefully that will be fixed soon.

Offline simpletown

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 02:32:09 pm »
The plugin update worked, thank you.  Bummer about the covers and posters.  I have 1400 movies on this list  :o

Offline Nautilus2067

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 08:41:49 pm »
I use the beta 1.0.2.3 and copy the posters from some websites. Tedious work but using the TMDb plugin I got 46! posters in different languages and had to delete 45. Even more work.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 10:28:44 pm »
I use the beta 1.0.2.3 and copy the posters from some websites. Tedious work but using the TMDb plugin I got 46! posters in different languages and had to delete 45. Even more work.

Yes. It's a shame it won't just get the default poster. That won't help those looking for posters in different languages, but I would probably be happy with the default 95% of the time. According to the API, the default poster is the one at "poster_path," so it should be difficult getting it alone.