Author Topic: No Movie Images from New Movie Master  (Read 10623 times)

Offline DenS

• View Profile
No Movie Images from New Movie Master
« on: January 11, 2012, 08:47:11 pm »
This started a month or so ago; when I create a new movie master everything is imported correctly but no images. If I them try to import the poster from Amazon.com I get the message no movies found.
They only way to get an image for a movie is to save the jpg from the internet and then add the file to the movie record.

Thanks you for looking into this,
DenS

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: No Movie Images from New Movie Master
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 12:13:36 am »
Try updating the plugins.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline red62lion

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 05:27:27 am »
Updated plug-ins cannot import posters anymore. Get message "No movies found". Tried several different movies. I have version 0.9.9.21.  Haven't aded movies for awhile but have several hundred in my database that I imported posters for previusly

Offline Vitali2000

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 03:22:40 pm »
I can confirm that since a few days amazon plugins (German and English) don't work anymore.
Amazon seems to have changed something (again) :-( Compare:
http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php/topic,3014.msg14432.html

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 12:01:01 am »
The selection and quality of posters at TMDb has improved dramatically over the last year or so. That plugin currently only includes the option of downloading all available posters. That's not practical, as movies typically have several high-quality posters, and popular ones can have a dozen or more. It would be wonderful if the plugin could be modified to download only the default poster and/or allow a selection from the available posters.

I might be misunderstanding it, but it appears from the API both should be possible. It's not clear which is the default poster URL, but it's likely the one returned by Movie.search. Other poster URL appear to be provided by both Movie.getInfo and Movie.getImages. The best implementation would be to modify the existing movie info plugin to just get the default poster, and to add a new poster plugin that would present thumbnails for selection and allow for choosing the original, mid or cover size.

I'm suggesting this here because I think this might significantly reduce the demand for keeping the web-page based plugins like Amazon and IMPAwards up-to-date. Although the selection is not as broad, TMDb does now seem to reasonably good coverage of common non-English movies, and includes non-English posters. The minimum poster width is 666 pixels and the norm seems to be 1000, so the quality is much better and more consistent than other sources. Those for whom TMDb would be an appropriate default source for posters are unlikely to need anything else.

Offline junk_struc

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 10:41:44 am »
I like rick.ca's idea also.  I have been having a lot of trouble getting posters from amazon, and their quality is generaly getting worse.  I have only just started using tmdb and it seems quite good, except it currently takes too long when it decides I need 21 posters for a single movie.

craig

Offline DenS

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 11:42:07 pm »
Seems like this is an issue..... for now I will save what image i can find and add it to each movie record... not ideal but at lease i get a 'poster'.
Den

Offline IgorB

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 11:08:42 am »
I'm having the same issue. Just imported 48 movies into the database and can't posters for them with amazon.com, amazon.co.uk or IMPawards. Program and plugins are updated.

Offline Dawn

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 12:47:11 pm »
This was happening to me, but I fixed it. This is what I did.. go to:

Tools --> Preferences --> Plugins --> Click on IMDB in list of plugins --> click Configure --> Make sure "Download image" box is ticked.

Follow that exactly, might seem a little difficult to understand, but you'll get there. Once you've done it all, click okay, and then add another movie. It'll say 'No movies found' like usual, but it'll get the poster from imdb. Problem solved. :D
Fall seven times, stand up eight.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 01:38:59 am »
Amazon plugins are fixed now. Get them from the download page or the update system.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline sihyp

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 04:20:28 am »
Great! :)
Thanks a lot.

Offline IgorB

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 02:11:37 pm »
Thanks Nostra and thanks for doing a great job!

Offline Bodin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2012, 05:04:06 am »
Thanks for the Amazon update.  Any news on IMP Awards?

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2012, 05:36:15 am »
Any news on IMP Awards?
We will see. I think it was somewhere already mentioned, that are highly modified form of web page. Nostra will tell if this can be corrected in IMP Awards plugin.
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

anything