Author Topic: Image viewer improvement  (Read 5009 times)

Offline AimHere

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
Image viewer improvement
« on: July 13, 2012, 11:17:16 pm »
Hi,

When viewing an image in the "full picture view" mode, it would be nice to have "previous image" and/or "next image" buttons, if there are more than one image in that section. This would be very useful in any record field that can have multiple images, e.g. posters, screenshots, actor photos, etc.  Ideally, these buttons would only appear when the mouse pointer hovers over the full-sized image.

(I apologize if this has been suggested before. I'm too lazy to do a search right now, hehe)  ;D

Aimhere

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Image viewer improvement
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 04:09:27 am »
I've gotten used to double-clicking the thumbnails to open images in the viewer. That's easier (doesn't require moving the mouse and finding a 'next' control that's only visible on hover) and allows random access. The only problem is when the thumbnails are hidden by the viewer. But then the viewer closes with one click, so that's not a big deal.

What I would like to see a full edit-mode set of controls on hover of the viewer. That would make it much easier to open an image in the viewer for purpose of checking it's quality or suitability, then immediately deleting, replacing, moving elsewhere, etc. This would save a lot of time where the thumbnails are too small to accommodate the controls.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: Image viewer improvement
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 09:02:08 pm »
I will consider adding next/prev buttons and "edit mode" buttons to the viewer some time later.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!