Author Topic: seen date problems  (Read 4604 times)

Offline JoopvB

• View Profile
seen date problems
« on: August 15, 2012, 08:39:06 pm »
I am doing something stupid or don't understand how it works.

How can I set the seen date? When I set it in the seen date field (format dd-mm-yy) it is completely ignored. When I set the switch, it takes the day of today and the seen date is automatically entered in the seen date field (in the format dd-mm-yy). When I change this date to another date, changes are ignored. When I remove the the date, the switch stays on and the date is reentered. My system is in The Netherlands. The operating system is X64 and is in English as is PVD.

Please help.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: seen date problems
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 07:01:18 am »
I think you're mistaking the date label that appears beside the 'Seen' checkbox' as the date field. It is a little confusing. In the standard skin, the actual field is down with the other dates. If no date has been set, it will only appear in edit mode. If today's date has been set by checking the box, the date still won't appear in the date field until after a refresh.

Note the [Seen date] can also be set from the list context menu (i.e., right-click on the title in the list). You'll understand what's happening better if you try that, refresh (F5), then note the resulting changes to the flag and the actual date field.

Offline JoopvB

• View Profile
Re: seen date problems
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 08:19:47 am »
Hi Rick,

Thanks, works like a charm.