Author Topic: The TVDb plugin  (Read 6359 times)

Offline JoopvB

• View Profile
The TVDb plugin
« on: August 21, 2012, 04:05:35 pm »
I think I have the latest version of the TVDb plugin but I don't understand what it's current status is. What can and can't it do? And what is the best workflow for series?

When I read the API description on the WIKI of TVDb it (the API) is fairly complete and able to get all the information that is in the database either in a large XML and by specific retrieval calls. What of all this is used in the plugin and is it expected to support the complete API in the near future?

Who is the maker of the TVDb plugin, maybe we can join forces?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 09:05:02 am by rick.ca »

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: TDVDB
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 07:13:22 am »
What is the 'TDVDB' and the 'TDV plugin'? Is this from a translation of The TVDb? If so, there are other posts here that describe what nostra's plugin does and does not do, and recommendations for it's best use.

Offline JoopvB

• View Profile
Re: TDVDB
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 08:05:25 am »
Hi Rick,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the typo. It is indeed The TVDB I mean (and the TVDB plugin) and I have been going through all the posts on this topic that I could find (all rather old ones), but to no avail.

I understand from your reply that nostra made the plugin. Can I (we) help to enhance the plugin to support the complete API? Or, if it already does... how to best use it and with what workflow (in conjuction with the IMDB plugin)?

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: The TVDb plugin
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 09:15:12 am »
We already discussed this here. I don't think I have much to add. Maybe you can't ask nostra if an enormous donation would motivate him to improve the plugin. ;)

Offline JoopvB

• View Profile
Re: The TVDb plugin
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 12:01:11 am »
Hi Rick,

Yes sorry that I didn't quite understand the status of the TVDB plugin from your first reply. It seemed so illogical that nostra who wrote such a beautiful piece of software as the Personal Video Database would not finish it off for TV series with an equaly good plugin for the (from my point of view) best open and well documented database for TV shows (The TVDB). Hence my questions and offer to help.

Again sorry to bother you with it, I think I should enter it as a request to nostra.

As to the enormous donation... I opened a special savings account, but economy is slow so...  :)

anything