Author Topic: PVD v0.9.9.21, IMDB [EN] plugin v0.9.8.5 not downloading or updating IMDB Rating  (Read 35799 times)

Offline leogets

• User
    • View Profile
PVD v0.9.9.21, IMDB [EN] plugin v0.9.8.5 not downloading or updating IMDB Rating anyone else have the same problem?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 02:45:43 am by leogets »

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
PVD v0.9.9.21, IMDB [EN] plugin v0.9.8.5 not downloading or updating IMDB Rating anyone else have the same problem?

Yes, more described is here.
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

Offline leogets

• User
    • View Profile
I updated to 0.9.9.29 with your link above but still, the IMDB rating does not change when I rescan (Ctrl+Alt+I) for movies I already tried to get the IMDB rating for.  So is the problem suppose to be fixed? or Not?

Can you perhaps briefly explain what the difference are between v0.9.9.21 and 0.9.9.29?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 02:03:22 am by leogets »

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I updated to 0.9.9.29 with your link above but still, the IMDB rating does not change when I rescan (Ctrl+Alt+I) for movies I already tried to get the IMDB rating for.  So is the problem suppose to be fixed? or Not?

Your update on 0.9.9.29 does not solve problems with IMDb plugin. You will need to wait for the Nostra, to return and that he will do an update for IMDb plugin.

Can you perhaps briefly explain what the difference are between v0.9.9.21 and 0.9.9.29?

For other scripts and plugins 0.9.9.29 is not the best solution or an option.

0.9.9.29 is for Kinopoisk.ru scripts used especially for better operation to transfer information and posters for movies and people with these scripts (proxymithron - I hope that I wrote correctly, otherwise someone correct me).

The link to download 0.9.9.29 is primarily for those who use the stable version 0.9.9.21 and Kinopoisk.ru scripts to transfer information and posters for movies and people.

BTW: Maybe I'll do this month (or as soon as possible when the time possible) Imdb script for additional information. Since less important additional information is not added, IMDb plugin additional information does not transfer. There will probably added also Imdb rating and Imdb votes.
Ivek23

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Until Nostra returns and update Imdb plugin, here is the current solution for Imdb rating. Here is the Imdb Movie script, which I have already mentioned.

Currently it works:
  • search results
and data transfer:
  • URL
  • Imdb rating
  • Imdb votes
Imdb Movie script:
Now, Imdb votes is disabled.

Imdb Movie(1) script:
Currently it works:
  • search results
and data transfer:
  • URL
  • Imdb rating
  • Imdb votes
  • ImdbID
  • Top 250
Imdb Movie(1) script:
Now, Imdb votes again is enabled.

Notice:
Scripts are from now on to here.

Scripts is attached here.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 01:30:36 pm by Ivek23 »
Ivek23

Offline leogets

• User
    • View Profile
Thank you Ivek23 for the script.
I reverted back to 0.9.9.21 and it works.

For anyone wondering how to use it, follow this:

1. Place the script in the script folder.
2. Download the IMDB Data for new movies normally with IMDB [EN] set as the Default Plugin for Getting Movie Information.
2. In Preferences change the Default Plugin for getting Movie Information to Imdb Movie Script.
3. Select all the movies you would like to update the IMDB ratings for then use the button on top '[EN] Get Movie Information from IMDB.com (Ctrl+Alt+I)'

But if your like me and have made changes to the Skin to insert the IMDB Votes as a custom selection then you will have to once again now change back to IMDB [EN] as the Default plugin for getting movie information and then rescan all these movies once again to put back in the IMDB Votes for the above will take them away. So this would mean having to scan the movies 3 times instead of just the 1 time.

Hope Nostra comes up with a fix real soon and more so for IMDB.com to stop making changes to their web site for the placement of certain basic criteria.

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thank you Ivek23 for the script.
I reverted back to 0.9.9.21 and it works.

Thanks.

For anyone wondering how to use it, follow this:

1. Place the script in the script folder.
2. Download the IMDB Data for new movies normally with IMDB [EN] set as the Default Plugin for Getting Movie Information.
2. In Preferences change the Default Plugin for getting Movie Information to Imdb Movie Script.
3. Select all the movies you would like to update the IMDB ratings for then use the button on top '[EN] Get Movie Information from IMDB.com (Ctrl+Alt+I)'

But if your like me and have made changes to the Skin to insert the IMDB Votes as a custom selection then you will have to once again now change back to IMDB [EN] as the Default plugin for getting movie information and then rescan all these movies once again to put back in the IMDB Votes for the above will take them away. So this would mean having to scan the movies 3 times instead of just the 1 time.

It is true, but there is a simple solution to just 1x rescan all movies, this is the imdb + Imdb Movie Batch file, which unzip and then is copied to the Plugins folder.

For the Imdb votes,  is disabled.

Script and Batch file is attached here.
Ivek23

Offline deazo

• Older Power User
    • View Profile

Thanks a lot for stepping in Ivek23 !!

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Thanks a lot for stepping in Ivek23 !!

Welcome.
Ivek23

Offline b145a

• View Profile
It works, thx alot ivek23

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
It works, thx alot ivek23

Welcome to the forum, b145a .
Thanks.
Ivek23

Offline leogets

• User
    • View Profile
Thanks ivek203

I downloaded the imdb+Imdb+Movie.zip and extracted imdb+Imdb Movie.batch to the plugins directory of PVD but how to invoke it to get it to work?

Plugins in Preferences shows the imdb+allmovie selection and there is a imdb+allmovie.batch file in the plugins directory.
Within the plugins directory I also have in addition to yours and the allmovies one listed above aimdb+kinopoisk.batch and a imdb+kinopoisk_people.batch file but in the plugins under preferences there is also no listing for anything to do with kinopoisk.

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thanks ivek203

Welcome.

I downloaded the imdb+Imdb+Movie.zip and extracted imdb+Imdb Movie.batch to the plugins directory of PVD but how to invoke it to get it to work?

I do not understand completely what you mean by this. Can you explain more about it.

Code: [Select]
NAME=IMDB+Imdb Movie script
DESC=Get movies information from IMDB.com
TYPE=2
EXECUTE=imdb.dll|Imdb Movie.psf
If one of the files that are included in the batch file is not in the Plugin or Script folder. Batch file is not visible and does not work.

Batch file works like this:
First Imdb plugin, then Imdb Movie script.

Plugins in Preferences shows the imdb+allmovie selection and there is a imdb+allmovie.batch file in the plugins directory.
Within the plugins directory I also have in addition to yours and the allmovies one listed above aimdb+kinopoisk.batch and a imdb+kinopoisk_people.batch file but in the plugins under preferences there is also no listing for anything to do with kinopoisk.

If I have understood correctly, interfere with Batch files that are associated with kinopoisk script, which probably do not work because they are kinopoisk.ru web sites problematic for data transfer, especially for non-Russian users of their services (I have a lot of experience in this, because these web sites I use to download movie posters and photos of people).

Nostra could explain more about this.

Advice for Batch file or kinopoisk script:
can be deleted or more it is recommended to move to a new folder.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Ivek23

Offline JohnDough

• User
    • View Profile
just dropping in another "works for me too, thanks for helping out!".

and leogets: try another of these imdb import scripts in your prefs - the +allmovie or +kinopoisk one aren't the one you're looking for.

Offline leogets

• User
    • View Profile

The above is basically self explanatory.  I put ImdbMovie.psf in the Scripts folder. I put imdb+Imdb Movie.batch in the Plugins folder. I set IMDB [EN] for movie information as default because as your picture it shows IMDB + Imdb Movie Scr as a selectable item, but I don't get this at all to show in Preferences\Plugins screen.

I even tried downloading the zip file for 0.9.9.21 placed the above mentioned files as explained above, and copied over the IMDB.dll to update to v0.9.8.5, left all plugins and scripts as they were.  But still IMDB + Imdb Movie Scr... does not show up.
So how can I select it if its not there?

I don't use Kinopoisk at all.  For IMDB [EN] I have selected IMDB Votes as the Custom field for votes.  Made changes to the Classic Movie and Classic Movie Tabs skins so IMDB Votes are displayed.  But for what ever reason, this IMDB + Imdb Movie Scr is not too be seen.

Is there an way with XP Pro I can edit the pvdconf.ini file found within the \%UserName%\Applications\Persoanal Video Dadabase folder even though IMDB + Imdb Movie Scr... is not showing up as an item to be selected?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 02:13:28 am by leogets »

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The above is basically self explanatory.  I put ImdbMovie.psf in the Scripts folder. I put imdb+Imdb Movie.batch in the Plugins folder. I set IMDB [EN] for movie information as default because as your picture it shows IMDB + Imdb Movie Scr as a selectable item, but I don't get this at all to show in Preferences\Plugins screen.

I do not understand what you mean by that
but I don't get this at all to show in Preferences\Plugins screen.
Can anyone help explain to this problem?

I even tried downloading the zip file for 0.9.9.21 placed the above mentioned files as explained above, and copied over the IMDB.dll to update to v0.9.8.5, left all plugins and scripts as they were.  But still IMDB + Imdb Movie Scr... does not show up.
So how can I select it if its not there?

Question:
Have you changed the name of scripts?
Original name of the script is: Imdb Movie.psf
If the name of the script such as you wrote here: ImdbMovie.psf ,
you imdb + Imdb Movie.batch file will not be in any case visible and will not work. Even in pvdconf.ini file you will not find imdb + Imdb Movie.batch.

I advise you to imdb + Imdb Movie.batch open the file with Notepad and carefully check the following line:
EXECUTE=imdb.dll|Imdb Movie.psfand compare Imdb Movie.psf with your name on the script.
If the names are exactly the same, the error elsewhere, otherwise change the
one of these names and overwrite the other name with exactly the same name (do it in imdb + Imdb Movie Batch file or by Imdb Movie.psf).

For IMDB [EN] I have selected IMDB Votes as the Custom field for votes.  Made changes to the Classic Movie and Classic Movie Tabs skins so IMDB Votes are displayed.  But for what ever reason, this IMDB + Imdb Movie Scr is not too be seen.

It has nothing to do with imdb + Imdb Movie Batch file, whether it is visible or invisible.

Is there an way with XP Pro I can edit the pvdconf.ini file found within the \%UserName%\Applications\Persoanal Video Dadabase folder even though IMDB + Imdb Movie Scr... is not showing up as an item to be selected?

If imdb + Imdb Movie Batch file is invisible, even in pvdconf.ini file you will not find, as is said already with this:
Even in pvdconf.ini file you will not find imdb + Imdb Movie.batch.
Ivek23

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I advise you to imdb + Imdb Movie.batch open the file with Notepad and carefully check the following line:
TYPE=2This is also important because, if instead number 2 there any other number, the imdb + Imdb Movie.batch invisible or also maybe visible.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 08:03:08 pm by Ivek23 »
Ivek23

Offline leogets

• User
    • View Profile
According to:
Yes Thanks this is the problem.  When downloaded it actually comes down as Imdb+Movie.psf not "Imdb Movie.psf" as you stated so I simply deleted the '+' sign instead of replacing it with a space.

Thanks Ivek23
Now the IMDB rating and votes are updating with only one step.

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
When downloaded it actually comes down as Imdb+Movie.psf not "Imdb Movie.psf"

It's impossible. Normal transfer is  "Imdb Movie.psf" or "Imdb Movie" file (checked - attached image).

According to:
Yes Thanks this is the problem.  When downloaded it actually comes down as Imdb+Movie.psf not "Imdb Movie.psf" as you stated so I simply deleted the '+' sign instead of replacing it with a space.

So here is was the small problem and glad that is solved.

Thanks Ivek23

Welcome once again.

Now the IMDB rating and votes are updating with only one step.

Simple solutions in a single step.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Ivek23

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I made corrections to:
  • search results
  • Imdb votes
It is also added:
  • ImdbID
  • Top 250

In the search results movies is now available to see if it is:
TV movie or TV series .

For the Imdb votes,  now again is enabled.

Imdb Movie(1) Script is attached here.
Ivek23