Author Topic: Audio Version?  (Read 5303 times)

Offline dekiscool

• User
    • View Profile
Audio Version?
« on: January 01, 2013, 01:29:24 am »
Not sure if this is the right forum...but...I was wondering if you guys would ever consider doing an audio version of this software...to catalog audio CD's? Something to think about. There are no free software types like this...

Thanks for any consideration.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 06:31:11 am by rick.ca »

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Not sure if this is the right forum...but...
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 02:38:53 am »
As illustrated in Personal Anything Database?, I was able to adapt the program and write a script to collect album data from the old AllMusic site. The hard part (for me) was writing the script. I haven't had the stomach for attempting to redo it for the new site, which is substantially different. Modifying the program was a bit tedious, but not difficult. It involves using standard fields for similar data elements and adding a few custom fields, using a custom language file to change captions to match their new purpose, and creating a skin to display the results.

At this point, I suspect the easiest route to a working script would be to adapt Ivek's AllMovie script to work on the AllMusic site. They're not exactly the same, of course, but the basic structure appears to be similar. Although I haven't tried it, my database and skin should work in version 1.0.x of the program. The language file would have to be redone.

Offline dekiscool

• User
    • View Profile
Re: Not sure if this is the right forum...but...
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 03:47:01 am »
So you have software that collects music info? I would be interested in this...

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Audio Version?
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 06:30:25 am »
JRiver Media Center is my media manager, it that's what you mean. I use the PvdImport plugin to automatically import data directly from my PVD database to MC. I use MC's Theatre View to review and select videos for viewing, as well as to read artist bio's and album reviews while listening to music.

Offline dekiscool

• User
    • View Profile
Re: Audio Version?
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 07:29:32 am »
Oh it is a purchase software :-( I wish there more programs for audio like there are for DVD/Video cataloging...