Author Topic: New plugin imdb.dll v.0.9.8.9 ??  (Read 16752 times)

Offline gear

• User
    • View Profile
New plugin imdb.dll v.0.9.8.9 ??
« on: February 01, 2013, 08:12:14 pm »
I just noticed and updated to the new plugin, but don't see any difference in getting the "full" movie information.

Could anybody explain to me in plain English, what the difference from the v.0.9.8.8. is ?

Many thanks,

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: New plugin imdb.dll v.0.9.8.9 ??
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 08:24:16 pm »
0.9.8.8 does not work any more 0.9.8.9 - works :)
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline gear

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 08:35:09 pm »
Hello Nostra.

I am afraid it does not download complete information (as per v.0.9.8.8.) for films already in the database (by clicking the button on the menu).

Should I delete those and re-enter them in the database? Just asking before messing up things.
Thanks,

Update: Found the cause. In the field of URL, some characters where added with the old version, which in turn led to HTTP Error again. Once deleted the characters, it works perfectly.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 09:02:39 pm by gear »

Offline Kariput

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 10:21:06 pm »

I have updated the plugin to v.0.9.8.9.  It does fetch a lot of information.  However, for TV series it is not bringing in the episode lists.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 11:38:47 pm »
Episodes fixed in 0.9.8.10

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kariput

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 11:45:03 pm »
Many thanks for the quick response, Nostra.

Offline Smw01

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 04:18:41 am »
Episodes fixed in 0.9.8.10

No joy for me. I still get a HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found error with IMDB 9.8.10 & version 1.0.2.3 beta

Anyway I could try 9.8.9  ;D

Offline Hyomil

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 10:39:10 am »
With IMDB 9.8.10, I only get the HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found error if I paste in the URL with the "/reference" on the end.  It would be good to be able to paste this in without having to delete that part:

ex.  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098668/reference

though it would be fine if PVD removed it.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 12:34:18 pm »
Why do you have these wrong URLs at all??? They link to a page with a totally different design...

Offline Hyomil

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 01:01:35 pm »
It used to be required at some point, but if the new design is fine, I'll just change my IMDb settings to that so I don't get those URLs.

Offline Smw01

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 12:06:07 am »
Why do you have these wrong URLs at all??? They link to a page with a totally different design...

Yeah, that was it. I was attempting to update the database file that already had the old /reference url. Once I deleted the file and imported it anew it worked like a charm.

Thanks.

Offline UtNut

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 02:14:51 pm »
I get all episodes including summaries, specific episode url's and release dates at the main import, but when I want to import the episodes specifically it used to give me credits and posters as well, now it says "404 Not Found". Am I doing something wrong?
1984 was NOT supposed to be an instruction manual

Offline Kariput

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 07:50:12 pm »
I get all episodes including summaries, specific episode url's and release dates at the main import, but when I want to import the episodes specifically it used to give me credits and posters as well, now it says "404 Not Found". Am I doing something wrong?

Cool!  I've been using PVD for a couple of years now and I never realized extra information could be downloaded for individual episodes.  I just tried it and it works fine!  Now I have plenty of work ahead of me to update episodes on everything I have.  Sheeesh.  Is there a way to automate the process

Offline UtNut

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 02:00:33 pm »

Cool!  I've been using PVD for a couple of years now and I never realized extra information could be downloaded for individual episodes.  I just tried it and it works fine!  Now I have plenty of work ahead of me to update episodes on everything I have.  Sheeesh.  Is there a way to automate the process

Doesn't work for me anymore, are you using plugin imdb.dll v.0.9.8.9 or some other script to get the extra info?

Offline Kariput

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2013, 04:00:05 pm »

Doesn't work for me anymore, are you using plugin imdb.dll v.0.9.8.9 or some other script to get the extra info?

I'm using 9.8.11.

I discovered that I can fetch the info for all the episodes in a single season by highlighting the titles and hitting "import".  This makes things quite a bit easier but user interaction is still required for titles that aren't an exact match with IMDB. 

Offline UtNut

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 05:37:22 pm »

I'm using 9.8.11.

I discovered that I can fetch the info for all the episodes in a single season by highlighting the titles and hitting "import".  This makes things quite a bit easier but user interaction is still required for titles that aren't an exact match with IMDB.

That's odd, I'm using the same plugin 9.8.11 with version 0.9.9.21 and whatever I do - all episodes in one season or one individual season at the time - I still get the dreaded 404 not found message. Anything else you think I should be looking at?

Offline Kariput

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 06:54:08 pm »
That's odd, I'm using the same plugin 9.8.11 with version 0.9.9.21 and whatever I do - all episodes in one season or one individual season at the time - I still get the dreaded 404 not found message. Anything else you think I should be looking at?

I just checked and that matches the version and plug-in that I am running.  I'm downloading episode info right now too.

Maybe delete the plug-in and reinstall it?

----------------------------

It has been a long time since I've fiddled with PVD settings.  I see there is an option to disable the need for user intervention.  I think I'll leave it alone so I can still manually control any errant episodes.

Offline UtNut

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 05:06:18 pm »
Found it! It's to do with images. If you turn download images off in the IMDB2 plugin it'll work like sunshine for all episodes, individually or by season. If you turn it on there most be an image for each and every episode or the whole show is no go. I stumbled on it importing this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118421/combined, where the first 5 seasons all have episode images but not the last 6th episode. In my most humble opinion I think there's a minor error in the plugin, but negligible to me as I don't want images for each individual episode anyway.
I praise the person who put this all together, it makes collecting films fun again for a film fanatic.

UtNut

BTW, Thx for your support so far.

Offline Kariput

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 05:47:09 pm »
Nice detective work.  I had the image option turned off since I prefer to search for my own images to display.  I usually don't want an image for individual episodes either.

I agree.  This is a great piece of software with plenty of flexibility.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 06:31:44 pm by Kariput »

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2013, 12:11:28 am »
Thx for the info. Strange, but those links do not even work on imdb web site :/

anything